Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Little Friends

Just to prove I actually do make things, here's a little something that I made last week. I just got around to posting it (blogger you *&#@&*). I just love scotties and love Elizabeth's pattern. Elizabeth had been mentioning she'd like to do some small items to frame and I thought the dogs were perfect for it. I simply reduced them 50% and used just basket elements. You can't see their tiny little button eyes but they're there.



As usual, I didn't think things thru, so its not really a good size for a frame. Well for a regular off the rack frame anyway. And who knows when I'll really get around to that anyway, let's be honest.

Work was good, glad to be back in the shop and see my peeps. Back there tomorrow. I'm getting back in the groove and it feels good.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, such cute scotty dogs.

4:19 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Oh, those are so cute. I love the fabrics...bright and cheery. Is it hand quilted? I'd really like to have enough patience for that...maybe someday. :)

6:38 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

OMG... I love it. That is so cute! I love your fab choices! I love E's patterns! Your blanket stitch and quilting is STUNNING!

Next time I'm at Anna Lena's I'm going to pick up all of E's patterns (Karen has an nice display of them).

7:39 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I love scottie dogs too! I wonder if they're as nice as they look?

As though anyone around here doesn't already know how many kazillion quilts and other projects you make a year! You know I'm just trying to keep up with you!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Scottie quilt! So, so cute. What size did it end up being? And ... when will E's blog be ready?

5:58 PM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Swooning with cuteness! Can I pay you to make me something? Seriously!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

Just a comment from my Mac to read on your Sidekick as you coast down I-5! Have a great trip and keep your thumbs on the steering wheel and off your Sidekick! :-p

11:13 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

What a cute piece! It looks like it is already framed to me!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

I love scottys, too. You could attach those bitty plastic rings to iit and hang it on the wall as is. I kind of like it without a frame.

9:45 AM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

Me, too....back in the groove.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Love it! Don't think it really needs a frame. Awfully cute all by itself. You are so talented...

8:20 PM  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

These are so cute! I have a huge vintage quilt that is scotty dogs. My mom found it for my little boy, and it is so sweet. (I went and dug up a link, since it is pretty deep in there by now: http://mamanjackjack.blogspot.com/2006/11/relief.html ).

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older