Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Clover Pom Pom Maker



Is it just me or is anyone else feeling a little post-holiday letdown? I can't seem to get it together to get stuff back where it belongs. Around here when company is coming we need to move a couple of chairs into the living room, put the leaf in the table, and just in general shuffle crap around so it doesn't look like we're the packrats we are. Which seriously, why do we have so much stuff? I'd make a resolution about it but I figure that would doom it to failure.

In the spirit of grip getting, yesterday Frankie and I cracked out the Clover Pom Pom makers I ordered from SuperBuzzy and got busy. I don't know what happened to all the pom poms we made but it was fun. We're inspired by the cute pom poms on designer goods we've seen. I tried one out of fabric strips but really didn't care for the results. I think the idea deserves looking into again. It could be cute with slightly thinner strips and possibly adding different mixed up fabrics. I'd love to see what anyone else comes up with. I remember making pom poms with my mom when I was little. We always used the cardboard from the package of bias tape or rick rack, old skool style.

So what's everyone else up to? I'm going to spend some time in my sewing room even if I don't do a thing. Maybe I'll pick up some stuff in there. Hmm. Well, better not get ahead of myself.

16 Comments:

Blogger Happy Zombie said...

ARGH... this new blogger is making me work! This is my second attempt at a comment!

Helloooo PKM!

Happy post Christmas! Sorry to hear you all are sick now. Misery loves company??? I hope so, as I'm feeling it now too. I've got the post Christmas funk as well, and am trying to get all the dec packed up and put away. What the bleep am I doing that for... I should be making pom-poms (though I think they should be called Pam-Pams!).

I'm longing for "normal" and my mornings to be PKM's. I want to be blogging and sewing... but it's just not happening. Trying to get back to normal... DH is on vacation this week so he's doing stuff around the house (good for me kinda stuff). We bought a new front door (gawd my life sounds boring!) and that's the big exciting news at Casa de Zombie!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're funnny PKM hope you're on the mend..

11:15 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Oh, those are cool! I'll have to check out more details on them. Looks like more junk I'd like to have in my room 'o stuff! :)

1:56 PM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

Happy New Year

chat soon.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I was trying to clean up my sewing room mess, my vac bag exploded....now I really have a mess..why did I do so much trimming w/my pinking shears!!!
NOW I am in a funk too!! It is not enuf to have to clean up my usual mess but now..D...!

5:32 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

HZConnie, this is EXACTLY why I do not recommend cleaning at all. Its just too darn dangerous.

5:49 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

enjoy the last few days of lazing about and not doing anything. you can pick up stuff later.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

Connie is totally now the poster child for a new Go Ask Alice style campaign...

Go Ask Connie...
Vacuuming Kills - Don't Get Sucked Into It


I see t-shirts, posters, tv ads, leaflets dropped from airplanes!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I LOVE POM POMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Keep trying and let us know! I love a good wooly pom.

2:41 PM  
Blogger (Angie) Norththreads: said...

HOpe you & your family has had a wonderful Christmas holidays, and a relaxing New Years! Dont worry , it takes me WEEKS to get re-organized(my brain too)!

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the fabric pom pom in the corner? I like it, I think it will be cuter after it's worn and fuzzed up by loving hands. Happy New Year!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking we need pom pom earrings. Could be I need to stop eating those smarties you sent over...

12:44 PM  
Blogger Jen Kershner said...

The pom poms are wonderful! I didn't even know they made the makers. I will have to check that out.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

So are those nifty contraptions the pom pom secret? Because aparently I missed the boat on how to make pom poms. Mine suck with a capitol S-U-C-K. Which makes me so sad since I have such an affinity for poms!

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have those pom pom makers too--they're great! They save so much time when making tons of hats for xmas presents! Love the fabric idea--will have to try that.....

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older