Saturday, December 09, 2006

Back to business

This is really what I should be working on. The purse. I love the fabric, I love the pattern.. I just can't quite get back in the groove. And its not a hard pattern either. Whatever. Maybe it was the distraction of my recent brush with blogmania. I still can't get over the number of comments. You guys wow me.



Anyway, I've been thinking about a lot of stuff lately. And being inspired by different people and magazines etc. Like Japanese craft magazines, or the elusive Marie Claire Idees . I could look at photos all day. And blog photos. Again, I love how everyone uses color, how they create stories with their composition, and how they really do some kick-a** graphics. Like the tutorial for the patchwork coasters over at Allsorts. I want to make them just because the instructions look so darn good and the fabric selections, well I'm all over that combo. I would totally want to think of cool projects if I could turn out some charming instructions like that!



Like this block.. I would love to do something, like every once in a while make block instructions available and then see who wants to sew along with me. Make the block, make a ton of the blocks, whatever. Kind of like the apron people have, a challenge each month. Well, maybe that's WAY too much pressure but you know what I mean. And in the fun way, not the way where we start to hate ourselves because we're not doing it, or we only made one or whatever. Just for fun. I remember fun, and I'd like to have more please. Does it even sound interesting? Maybe someone else is doing it and we can all join in with them?

But what I should really be doing is more of this..



Happy Sunday my friends.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree w/u...love the photos, ideas,etc. I have even made about 6 sets of coasters from ALLSORTS, they are adorable. Made great last minute gifties...took all of 30 min for set of 10. Perfect for the charm packs, too..not that this use is original!! Love your teacup block too, especially since red is my neutral!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I'm interested! I told you I've been wanting to quilt more. I would like to join you in making some blocks if you want to lead the way.

I promise not to let it be some kind of dreary obligation, I will only think of it as a fun diversion and a way to link up with other people over cool projects!

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry I missed your 100th - I've been out of the loop! So Happy 100th (a little late!!). I am so loving your cup block. How fun is that?! I'll do a fun block like that along with you...I love those coasters on Allsorts - I haven't made any, but I think I'll give those a shot after this next week, which looks like it's going to be a doozy (kid and school wise). Happy Sunday to you too!!

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clever idea Miss PKM! My tree is still in a box in the attic : )

Doing a blowup of your Bernina showed me a dust bunny on the thing a ma bob that the needle goes into which very much reminds me of my own many machine dust bunnies. Honestly you can't see if unless you stand on your head. Something else I need to do is have my machine cleaned, Waaay overdue.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clever idea Miss PKM! My tree is still in a box in the attic : )

Doing a blowup of your Bernina showed me a dust bunny on the thing a ma bob that the needle goes into which very much reminds me of my own many machine dust bunnies. Honestly you can't see if unless you stand on your head. Something else I need to do is have my machine cleaned, Waaay overdue.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Pretty pretty fabrics!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I am soooooooooooooooo in on your block challenge. It was yet another OMG moment my TSAB... I been thinking how fun it would be to have some kind of block/quilting challenge each month. I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!

LOL... I say this as my own sample for guild BOM is STILL waiting to be finished. All cut up and ready to be sewed. But there in front of my sewing machine, a few feet away... my sleeping Apple silently crying for some attention... whispering, "it's 4:45... do you know where PKM is?".

4:55 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

who needs ornaments on a tree when there is stuff to be sewn?

6:06 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Oh Blogger. I deleted one of Sandy's comments that was a duplicate and it leaves a message like she said something awful and I went in and got rid of it. It was just a duplicate.

Oh, and along with that, I also cleaned my sewing machine.. its such a faithful friend I should be more careful of it.

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to make a teacup block!!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

Sounds fun to me! Lets get to it!

10:43 AM  
Blogger (Angie) Norththreads: said...

Lets go for it teacher!!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older