Thursday, November 30, 2006

Christmas Meme!

Mom-o-Matic and Happy Zombie are hilarious. Read their answers to this meme and you will CRACK UP. And then give it a try yourself.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Anyone who knows me knows the answer to this. Coffee my friends. Keep it coming.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Ahh the age old debate, like Mayo or Miracle Whip. (its Miracle Whip, thanks for asking!) Wrapped. In my childhood, we always opened family and friends gifts the night before. Tree was cleared out then Santa came in the morning to just the kids. Santa does that here too. I've had lots of people ask me if my parents gave presents. Nope, didn't have to, that's what Santa is for. Same here. He has his own paper and we have one kid so no tags. When I was growing up we had regions, one for each of us. No tags. Easter Bunny, same thing, I had the hallway.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the house, and I'm afraid I'll get at Ticket from Monica because it's icicles for us.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, it's flu season!! Just kidding, but no.
5. When do you put your decorations up? It depends. I think I may have mentioned we're procrastinators.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Don't think I even have one. Marrying into the picky eating family and having diabetics or people with eating issues we don't do much special food.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Hmm, don't know if I even remember. I mean I remember having a good childhood but nothing comes to mind. Maybe opening my stocking, I loved my stocking.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Well we open everything under the tree Christmas Eve so I guess yes. Frankie is an only child AND and only grandchild on Bret's side she always received tons of stuff, so it was good that we paced it, otherwise she'd tire of opening stuff. (poor thing) So it's my family Christmas Eve, since that was my tradition, and Santa would come in the morning, then we'd pack it up and do Bret's family in the afternoon. Now my mom usually spends the night and we have Christmas Eve, then go look at lights, Santa comes for Frankie during the night and then in the afternoon my mother-in-law and Bret's brother and wife come over, more presents and dinner.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Its a pop culture free for all with us. Bubble lights, white lights, colored lights, every ornament we ever received or bought...every Star Trek you can imagine, Hello Kitty, Care Bear, Mary Engelbriet, school ornaments, preschool ornaments, you name it, its very possibly on our tree.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? It would be so unlikely that I'd chose secret option 3, be surprised by it!
12. Can you ice skate? HAHAHAHAHAAAAA No. But Bret and Frankie both can.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I've received many wonderful gifts over the years.. far too many to choose one.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family and friends, and just getting through it.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Chocolate money from my stocking. Well, it's a childhood favorite, and I haven't had it in years. But that would be it.
17. What tops your tree? A dayglo pre-school popsicle stick Star of David. Its not Christmas till I see that orange and yellow baby go up.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? definitely giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I guess this is when you'll stop reading my blog ever again, I hate Christmas music. Probably wouldn't if it wasn't everywhere all the time. EVERYWHERE.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I'm ambivalent towards them. But as a kid we'd suck them till they were weapons.




That's me on the left.

16 Comments:

Blogger Happy Zombie said...

Oh Pam, we still have our Star of Davids! Sigh, when you're in Santa Rita locked up on icecycle violations... I promise to bring you a Star of David made out of files. Oh... and chocolate money to bribe the guards with. I may even decorate your cell.

I LOVE the photo!!!!!!

11:36 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

Jeeze... how the hell do you spell icicles? Oh... that's how.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom! I want our tree to look like the one in your photo!!! Garr Bear and I think the pic is cute, and number 10, ha-lar-ious!!!!!

12:43 AM  
Blogger Shelby said...

Great tree!! I enjoyed your blog today.. take care:)

1:36 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

I love your tree in the pic! Cute meme!! Thanks for the giggles first thing in the a.m. :)

5:55 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

How did I miss #8. When did you find out about Santa.

SHUT UP.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Hysterical! Love the old picture. These meme's have really been alot of fun to read.

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! What a cute little girl you were! I'd never have pictured you making candy cane weapons...NOW, yes, but not then..

8:03 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

look at your pretty dress! and the tree is dripping with icicles.

we use to use that stuff on my tree when i was a kid too.

love this meme. i may have to do it soon!

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, little Pamie. How cute. Your answers crack me up as usual. I'll have to hunt for an Xmas photo of me to share.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Love the killer candy cane image!

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so crazy, I wrote a comment earlier at work and now it's not here.

I hate Christmas music too!

My other comment was so much better, but now I'm so tired, I was just checking in and now must go wind down. Sigh.

(now Blogger is asking for my Blogger password and username in order to post here, sheesh, I don't know these things!)

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha I love sucking on candy canes and turning them into weapons against others! lol it may be against my Jedi ways but that doesn't mean I don't do it hehe.

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum Chocolate Money...

I also love getting things in my stocking.

8:04 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Awwwww, comments from my dorm boys, who doesn't love that! Thanks guys, you're the greatest!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

Dorm boys??? How do you score some dorm boys!!?!?!?!?! I want some...

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older