Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The kindness of strangers (and the overuse of the word amazing)



I was very thrilled today to be invited by Sandy to join her in meeting Connie Govea Stuart. Ohmygosh could anyone be so lucky? Connie is lovely and gracious, she came bearing gifts, even for me! I couldn't believe it. You can see many photos over on Sandy's blog, Connie shared a lot of complete works with us.. the whole thing was amazing to me.
The really cool thing about Connie is, she's really open and sharing about what she does and how its done. There are so many possibilites my brain is just bursting with ideas. Sounds corny but I found the whole experience so amazing and overwhelming. There she was just, well, TELLING US STUFF. Like we'd known her forever.
Needless to say I was barely in control of myself. And probably a little embarrassing. Sorry Sandy.


After our meeting went over to Sweet Magnolia in Danville where I found a few small pieces of Connie's work to give as Christmas gifts (or hoard for myself.. no, I'll give them.. maybe.) Sandy and I had a great day out and about, be sure and read her entry all about it. She has some nice photos of Connie's work.

Thanks Sandy! The whole day was amazing!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cool! I have never met Connie but she sent me the nicest e-mails when Petey died. She's friends with Bari (Bari J - handbag designer) who I'm friends with. Funny, I have one of Connie's pieces that I got YEARS ago at American Harvest - signed and all and I never knew what a treasure I had (I mean it's hanging in our room and I always loved it) until Bari told me about her. So fun! I have not been to Sweet Magnolia...I'll have to head over there!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a fun day!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

WOW! Went over to Sandy's and had a peek..and all I can say is...
AMAZING!

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was an "AMAZING" DAY!!! pkm, Connie read your post & says thank you & how well you write, & I gave her your email so you may be hearing from her.

8:52 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

It was an amazing day and I'm still having a creative hangover from it. Thinking about how that work translates into my sewing maybe. I wish I had the day to play with ideas.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing beats a creative hangover!! See? You didn't need Idees after all...

9:27 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I'm so jealous of your wonderful day! BTW... I know the cure for a creative hangover... a FQ bundle and a side of Cheez-It's.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say - amazing!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

It's so wonderful when someone can unlock new possiblities in our brains, huh? I love getting inspired like that.

12:00 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

wow!

i'm always amazed at people who share their secrets too.

1:58 PM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

Gotta love those ginormous urns...I have a gene in body for statuary.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooohhh mom! everyone at school is loving you and your crafty ways...

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful! you have such a lovely eye for colors!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

There are people who are so insecure that they won't share anything - afraid they will be able to take off with their ideas and run with it and maybe even make it better. Then there are people who have the confidence in their creativity and know that even if other people learn the technique, they can't make it like the artist. Plus, the artist can always learn more new things and stay ahead of the student.

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older