Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Lost and Found

Believe it or not, I was actually working on that purse last night. I felt that I should settle down and do it. Seems like everytime this past week, when I have gone in to work on it, there's been some kind of distraction. You know, like making dinner. What's up with that?
So, I'm cutting the rest of the pieces, and getting the first pocket ready. Mind you turning things and ending up with nice crisp edges and pointy corners is not something I'm great at. And it bugs me because I like things looking nice where the back is on the back and not creeping over on to the front. So, I go to pull out my little pokey thing, and its NOT THERE. My pokey thing is always in that drawer.
This means trouble. Unlike a lot of things someone might pick up out of my sewing room, the pokey thing isn't that useful to anyone else. I looked in the drawer again, not there. I went through everything on my ironing board since I often pile stuff up to the right of the iron and it could have been covered by creeping crap. No, not there, not even the second time I looked. Or the time I picked up everything and moved it to look. Hmm.
On to the sewing table Lots of crap piled up there, strips from projects done ages ago. Books and patterns piled precariously, some fabric with another pattern half out of the package, my needlepunch, some papers.. not there. Not even when I looked again, and picked stuff up.
I try to distract myself by poking out the corners of the pocket with something else, because come on, I'm an adult and can move on. I bet I can buy a pokey thing. I bet it will be nicer than my free pokey thing.
I think we all know that I can't move on. I keep looking. I go through the bag of recycling, I go through the bag of fabric I'm donating, nothing. I'm feeling frustrated and peeved at myself. What if I accidentally threw my pokey thing away?
And then I looked in my drawer one more time.
I think we all know how this story ends.



Hope you have a nice day my friends!

8 Comments:

Blogger Patti said...

I usually find the item AFTER I've bought a replacement!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

Ditto Patti! I see your pokey thing has a little puka on the end... maybe tie a string to it... on the other end a hub cap?

DH is looking for his tire chains this last week. It's been an obsession quite frankly. I'm guessing your pokey thing had a midnight rendezvous with his chains. Your pokey came back and the chains are off taking a nap somewhere. No doubt the chains will return upon the purchase of new ones!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you found it!

3:09 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

His chains are probably with the glass rabbits I can't find.

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... you know how those rabbits are! If I see little bunnies hopping around with little chains around their necks, I guess we'll know who their mommy and daddy are!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who piles crap up to the right of the iron on the ironing board... makes me feel so much better! Glad you found your pokey thing.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Oh man, I've been there. I've learned to do something else for a while and pretend really hard that I don't car, that's when it turns up. Right where I was looking for it.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh! Pokey thing...I love it!!!! I have lots of pokey things, like the wire coming out of my bra, the little plastic taggy things on my clothes...aka "pokey things"...my daughter...she's a pokey thing! Funny how we're all so alike, us women of all ages calling objects pokey things and leaving stuff everywhere and losing it! I still adore your blog! Blessings!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older