Saturday, December 30, 2006

Happy

We're still not 100% yet but Frankie I were going a bit buggy having been trapped at home for so long, so we headed out to the Japanese Bookstore in Saratoga. Many of you are familiar with Kinokuniya, Jackie told me about it a few months ago. I knew that Frankie would love it, being a devoted fan of Hello Kitty and Cute. I was not disappointed.
I found the craft magazines or books, they've moved them and removed the tags that say "Craft" so I was at a decided disadvantage. Frankie walked along with me but got side-tracked by a book called Petits Appartments a Paris and I lost her. Later, I heard what I thought was a familiar voice over on the next aisle. Sure enough, around the corner came Jackie! What a happy coincidence!

Anyhoo.. we found a lot of fun stuff. Here's Frankie's photo of goodies. She got the Paris Apartment book, a date book and a little animal. She's also been busy with her little pompom garland courtesy of Kiddley, next year she'll have her own apartment, so she's got a little garland to start her Christmas decor.



I found this darling book. I have no idea the name of it, but the ISBN number is ISBN4-05-604283-7. It has a lot of nice photos of purses, notions and some CHARMING 30's Quilts. I love the photos in these books. And the use of fabric.


And as a bonus, I had hopped on over to this site and scored this. I have loved this fabric for so long, now I'll have my own hunk of it.

So my tired little elves, I hope you have a very safe and happy New Year! See you in 2007!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see you and to meet Frankie!! She got some cute things and the book you got is adorable!! Love your new apple-y fabric - can't wait to see what you'll make out of that!! Happy New Year!

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you were well enough to get out and about. The crud is really going around.

I love that fabric...love it!

Happy New Year, Pam!

5:05 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

i have an idea of where you and frankie can send those books when you are done with them

ahem.

happy new year to you too!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

What is it with those Japanese craft books? They are soooo amazing. I have not bought any because I figured I couldn't follow the directions, but now I think they'd be great to have around just for the inspiration, like the copy of Marie-Clair Idees you sent to me.

I hope you have a wonderful New Year's Eve and that the morning brings you much closer to total recovery!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

We have that book store up here inside Uwajimaya's (asian grocery store where we buy our Hawaiian foods and I get my Hello Kitty fix)! Only thing not in ours is you, Frankie and Jackie roaming the aisles! How cool is that running into each other!

I did buy a Cotton Time at SuperBuzzy (which I found out via Jackie's blog). When I got my order... I found out SuperBuzzy is in Portland. I also bought a nice book at Center Diamond in Cannon Beach, OR. Now I'm thinking... what is up with Portland??? Is there a treasure of Japanese cute hiding I don't know about here? I must explore!


I'm thinking I need a trip into Portland very soon. Any chance you'd like to join me??? :o)

12:06 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

This seems to have been the holiday of illness! Everyone I know and thier mothers have all been sick. Glad you are feeling better. Frankie got some fun stuff. Smart girl to be planning ahead and making some decs for herself. Happy New Year!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Such a clever quilt (the flowered one)! And I love retro depot. You picked a great fabric for the upcoming Feb. Cheerful and fun.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older