Friday, August 02, 2019

Patchwork Picnic

Morning friends! How are you?  Today we're on a happy sew along with Gracey Larson and her new book Patchwork Picnic. I've been following Gracey on Instagram for quite a while and I enjoy her whimsical patterns, you might recall the popcorn pillow I made for Bret some time ago.  Her patterns are so detailed and believe it or not they're all traditionally pieced!
 
Patchwork Picnic
 
The book is so cute, it has 30 picnic themed blocks and instructions to put them together into a sampler quilt, as well as some other fun projects, including a table runner, potholder and packing pouches. 

Patchwork Picnic
 
The blocks come in two sizes, six and twelve inches. In typical Martingale fashion, the instructions and illustrations are great.  These blocks are cute and you can use them in Gracey's projects, or add them to  your own project designs. 

Patchwork Picnic

Today I'm showing off my  little bluebird block.  Cute right?  In her introduction, Gracey talks about fabric and using bits and pieces of your collection.  So in that theme I went shopping in my fabric and pulled out some pieces that I love to make this little potholder, a pattern project in the book. 
 
Patchwork Picnic
 
This potholder has a handy little pocket to slide your hand into on the back.  It's bound like a quilt and I like that a lot.  I never hang my potholders so I left off the little loop.  Its a fun addition to my potholder collection and a sweet reminder of friendships made on Instagram. 
 
This book is very cute and would make a charming addition to your sewing library.
 
Thanks to Gracey for inviting me to sew along with her new book, thanks to Martingale for sending me an e-copy of the book.  Book photos are courtesy of Martingale, taken by the great Brent Cane. 

4 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Super pretty Pam! Love this as a pot holder. Gives me an idea - I sure need new ones :)! Gracey has lovely blocks - love this book!

7:15 PM  
Blogger محمد على said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:10 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Super cute!! I might have to make a few new potholders too!

10:44 AM  
Blogger 成人文章 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older