Friday, June 14, 2019

Wave Your Flag

Time to pop in... sorry it's been so long!  The last time I was here it was for a sew along as well, I like these Fat Quarter Shop sew-alongs and I'm always happy to be asked to participate!
 
It's certainly summer here in PamKittyVille, already in the 100s! We have the perfect summer time project today, the Wave Your Flag Table Runner and it's super cute.  I chose this Orchard fabric from April Rosenthall for Moda, I've been waiting for it to be available, those fruits are killing me!

flag2
 
The pattern calls for only one navy fabric, but I wanted to use the scalloped fruits in the flag to look like stars, well sort of anyway.  The pieced stars need the more solid tonal fabric as the pieces are small. Just a chance to use more fabric, right?

flag
 
It's very fast to piece together.  I wanted to quilt a wave, so many wonderful flag quilts are out there with wave quilting.  I didn't have a wave stencil or any quilting paper so I made my first wave using my orange peel template and some strips from copy paper.  It worked out pretty well! After the first row I used the guide on my walking foot to work my way across the runner.  It was speedy.
 
runner4
 
I love love LOVE how it turned out.  It's already on my table ready for the season. The Orchard fabric is perfect, I used the aqua fruit for backing.  I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. 
 
You can hop on over to the Jolly Jabber and see all the  other table runners! I can't wait to see what everyone else made.  The free pattern can be found here. And check out the #waveyourflagrunner hashtag to see more on Instagram!

4 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

I love your version using Orchard Fabrics - I just ordered fabric to make one for my daughter!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful Table Runner! Love this pattern so much - maybe I should make this anyway, though I live in Canada :)!!

3:22 AM  
Blogger Deb Silva said...

That is so cute! Love the fabrics!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Happy 4th of July. I love your ideas, thanks for sharing. walmart coupons 20 off any purchase

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older