Monday, July 22, 2019

Keeping cool.

Hi there!  Hope you're keeping cool in all this hot hot weather.  We're on a week of 90 degree days, but it's not too bad overall.  We replaced the furnace and a/c units at the end of the season last year, so this year we're enjoying the benefits of more efficient a/c. 

Right now we're at the beginning of some work around the house, so things are in a bit of a chaotic state.  No sewing for me right now, but hopefully again soon.  I did bring a bunch of quilts home from the quilter so I'm on quilt 2 working on binding.  It's not so fun in the hot weather, so it's sloooow going.  I still have several quilts out for quilting, and can't wait to get them back. 


banner

Since Frankie started hanging banners in her front window and decorating for holidays and seasons, I've been wanting to do that in my kitchen window.  Do you follow Michele of Mumlicreates on IG? She makes the cutest banners and I've been in love with the tea time banner for ages.  All the details are so cute, that cup with the flowers is KILLING ME.   I ordered the Beach Daze banner for Frankie.  Perfect for Santa Cruz. 

PatSloan

On the sewing front, my friend Pat Sloan has a pretty new line of fabric with Benartex out and she sent me a selection of  fat quarters to play with.  Bonnie Lane is the name of this line, and it's due out later this year, September I believe.  This pile of beauties has a fall feel doesn't it?  Do you follow Pat?  She's always got a lot going on, sew alongs, books, online Fireside chats! You should check it all out.   Thanks to Pat for treating me to some of her fabric!  

One of the nice things about having this work done is that I can get into some daytime reading!  No work around the house to be done and my sewing room is full of overflow stuff, nothing to do but read!  Hope you're keeping cool and staying out of trouble!  xop

2 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Sounds like our house! Plastic over lots of stuff and everything shoved in the guest room. So far I can still sew, hurrah! Once the master is done we are moving in to guest bath...ugh I am already tired of all the dust. But it will be so good to have it done.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

We've had a super hot week - so I kept my head down and sewed - in the basement :)! Things have cooled down since Sunday, so I should maybe go for a walk, but.....!! Love the cute, cute banner - and yes, Pat's fabric is lovely!! Enjoy your books, sounds wonderful!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older