Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Morning

Mmmm coffee, some mornings just require more than others.  I'm drinking out of a found treasure, found in my own house, if you can believe that. I don't even remember where I found it, but it turned up and oh how cute and BIG it is, so perfect for coffee.


coffee

The weather is still a little cool for porch sitting.  I walk out in the mornings to survey my territory, pull a few weeds here and there and take in some fresh air. Then after a few minutes I'm forced back in by those freaking wasps.  Seriously, they're everywhere this year, most notably hiding in the weeds in our garden patch, and that really cuts back on my weeding.

crabapple tree
 
My crabapple tree is blooming up a storm. I mean the whole things is covered in blossoms! It's a sight to behold.   Well behold from the safety of my kitchen that is. I have to get our wasp traps out and baited. I can't have those suckers ruining my back porch! It's April! Something must be done!
 
Ok, sewing day for me, what about you?
 
 

4 Comments:

Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I'm excited to see our trees come to life. Spring is late here, of course. Our tomato plants are getting so big I don't know if they can wait til mother's day to be planted. I like seeing signs of spring like your tree, though. Makes me smile.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

That crabapple tree is beautiful. All my fruit trees in southern California are done blooming, but all the citrus are covered with blooms and smell wonderful. Hope you don't get stung by a wasp.

10:19 AM  
Blogger jan said...

I love those beautiful blossoms! We are not quite into Spring in North georgia yet, but it is getting better! Oh I don't know what to say about those pesky wasps but be careful! those stings are painful!!
Hope you had a great day sewing!!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Donna@AllthingsMing said...

I feel your pain with the wasp issue ...we have the same problem too. One was even in the house last week !

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older