Monday, September 05, 2016

Labor Day

The mornings sure look like fall around here , I love the light this time of year, golden.   The mornings are beautiful and cool, even when the days heat up.   We've stayed close to home this weekend, catching up on chores around the house.   After seeing this guy and his 4 siblings and mom on the roof again last night... doing more than a little casual checking for entry points into the attic space.  They've been hanging around for a week now. 


coffee


I want to thank Fat Quarter Shop again for donating a wonderful bundle of ginghams for me to giveaway to a blog reader!  Ginghams  are such a staple in my quiltmaking.  The winner is Becky J who said  " I LOVE gingham. My first sewing project in school was the cross stitched gingham apron.I need to baste, quilt, and bind a baby quilt this weekend, and try to finish some WIPs". 


carolinagingham-fqb[1]
 
Becky please email me your snail mail  address so these can be shipped out to you (rocketqltr at yahoo dot com).    I appreciate everyone who took the time to tell me what they were up to!  Sounds like nice weekends all around! 
 
Now I better get to work on a project I'm machine quilting for later this week!  You can see a sneak peek at it here.  It's been a lot of fun! 
 
Have a great day everyone! xo

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the give away. And thanks to Fat Quarter shop too. That's so nice of them. I really love your fabric and wish I'd see more, even reprints of some of my favorites from your original line. I still see them pop up in photos where people talk about hoarding them since they're long long gone. I've been traveling this summer and always look in the shops I see for more of your fabric. I am a fan from way back at the beginning. You haven't posted photos of Holly so I am thinking there is no PKM coming our way. Sad sad days, but maybe someone else will add you to their design team. I'll be here regardless, following along.

12:47 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Enjoy the end of the long weekend. I am pushing through on a teeshirt quilt I put on the wayyyyyy back burner. It's been haunting me so it's time to get it done!!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Loved your sneak peek quilt pic. It looks like a pattern I would enjoy making. I'm still sewing my fall placemats. Why oh why do I end up making so many :)! Now I'm antsy to be done and start the next quilt. Hope your pesky raccoons don't find a way in. We started to have a bat problem on our back porch when the weather got so hot. We at first thought it was mice. Here is hoping they do.not.come.back.ever!!

4:18 AM  
Blogger Betty4 said...

I'm new to your site and all I can say is I'm in love! I am excited over your sneak peek and can't wait to see the finished product. Everything I see is a color feast for the eyes. It makes me happy after years of all the drab fabrics that are out there. Thank you, Enjoy the day.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Hum, so glad the raccoons are visiting your side of the nation! Hope they don't figure out how to get into the house! Your sneak peak is very cute...love those bright, fun colors!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

Congrats to Becky J.!! I finished binding 2 quilts and I am ready for a fall project.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

I know we have raccoons at the farm but haven't seen them yet. I know they can be destructive but they're so cute. I do know we have armadillo's at our house now. They tear up our yard.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older