Friday, July 29, 2016

TGIF

Happy Friday peeps!  Hope the week was good to you. It was a hot one here. I feel so grateful for A/C for sure. A power outage for a couple of hours yesterday reminded me of  this  and it was just the jolt I needed to get my thinking in line!
 
My Strawberry Social Mini is done.  Well you might notice it has no borders.  Oversight on my part.  The borders on the  pattern cover are slightly obscured by the pattern name, and the whole time I'm just stitching away  looking at the instructions, but when I got to the sashing I just stopped reading because that was the last diagram and I know how to apply sashing. 

Strawberry Social Mini
 
So that was a mistake.  I went to staple the pattern together after I  finished machine quilting  and holy cow.  BORDERS.  Honestly I could have added them in a quilt as you go manner but I really liked it without borders.  (But of course you know deep inside I'm wishing I added some borders. Right?)  Word to the wise, DON'T BE LIKE ME and not really read all the instructions. 
 
It's a totally adorable pattern. Those strawberries big or small are the cutest around. I love their shape  and their cute little tops.  I really admire Margot's thinking, how she came up with that method.. well it's beyond my brain power.  So clever. Thanks to Margot again for sending me the pattern to try out!  I had a blast .  Now how cute would these small strawberries be in a pillow? 

/strawberry social pillow
 
These are the bigger strawberries that I made back in 2013.  You can see pictures of my full sized quilt (unquilted at that time) here.  I really love the pillow and the quilt. 
 
Ok, happy weekend everyone! Hope you're having fun! xo

6 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Ha! You always make me laugh Pam. I could easilyforget the borders too! I just have to stop looking at all these things every morning with my coffee. There is simply not enough time to make all the cuteness out there. 💛

7:01 AM  
Blogger Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Super sweet project!!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

This is so cute! Love it without the border! These Strawberry blocks are still on my To-Do List!!

3:38 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Love it - it's adorable and I love that you are honest and tell us that you make mistakes too! I'll have to purchase the pattern - she has many cute ones! Thanks for sharing!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So very cute!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Gorgeous strawberries, they look delicious! Have a fun week Pam!
Helen xox

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older