Thursday, July 21, 2016

Nice try


Hi there friends, how are you?  Another lovely weather week here in PamKittyVille.  Haven't done much really, nothing all that blog worthy, but clearly that's not stopping me today! 
 
A couple of weeks ago Bret and I headed out on a drive.  Elizabeth had told me about the Red Door Antiques in Elk Grove, which is a little over and hour away.   We hadn't been to that area in quite a while, we used to go a lot when my mom lived in Rancho Cordova. 

Red Door
 
The shop is great.  Big, lots to look at and nice displays.  I love good displays don't you? 

Red Door
 
We came across this adorable little nook.  A quilt sticking out of a vintage shopping cart.  Loved the broken star with it's soft colors.  Probably  faded from use, it was very soft and I suspect those were maybe 30s prints.  Phone photos, I rarely bring out my real camera anymore, which hasn't helped at all with the blogging.  And remember the days when you'd ask to take a photo or try to be sly about. Now days we're all camera happy. 
 
But this got me thinking.  I have a vintage cart.  Back in 2007 (omg so long ago!) Elizabeth and I  went to Alameda Antiques and saw all the carts and we wanted one.  People had them all fixed up with liners and we were DYING  OVER THEM.  You can check some pinterest pins if you don't know what I'm talking about.. I'll wait, go!    Time passes and we went to drop off some patterns at Quilter's Paradise in Clovis and decided to hit some antique stores.  I was so jealous, she saw a perfect cart and snatched it up.  Consumed by jealousy I looked and looked for a cart.  Finally I found one, months and months later.   I'm sure I was with Elizabeth when I did, but now I can't remember where, I'm thinking Room with a Past on one of our adventures.  Who can remember these things. Not critical to this long long rambling story. 

Red Door
 
Of course as is typical of me I didn't do a thing with mine and I'm sure it's much too fragile to actually shop with, the little rickety wheels don't look like they'd hold up to much.  So it's been sitting around my house since I bought it LIKE SO MANY THINGS, waiting for it's true purpose.  Of course I had a lot of stuff stored in it so I had to empty it out.  And then cram a quilt in it.  But I didn't have a cute corner to put it in, and the back yard photos were a mess, so I thought HEY WHY NOT TAKE A PICTURE OF IT BY A CUTE LITTLE STORE.  Hahaha, like we have one of those around here.  But we do have fruit stands and I have a strawberry quilt.. why not go take a picture of it at the fruit stand.  Well the stand was closed.

nice try
 
But after a drive around I found this cute sign tucked under a tree next to a very busy road but that didn't stop me.  And now you have seen the most ridiculous picture ever of a shopping cart, and sadly, your eyes can't unsee it. 
 
True story, the cart is still in the trunk of my car.  #nicetry
 
That's it for this week. Love you guys! xo
 
 

7 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Oh this story just has me laughing and laughing Pam! Some of my favorite blog posts ever are your travels with Elizabeth and this picture does those proud. And how on earth did you prersuade Bret to go antiquing with you, good guy!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I think it is lovely! The quilt and the cart! Fun to read this post. Thank you for the laughs!

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always make me laugh with your stories. My fingers are crossed you'll soon be showing a new fabric line. Perhaps with a new fabric company?

7:45 AM  
Blogger Catsngrams said...

I love the vintage carts so fun. I love to go browsing in cute shops. So much fun and you never know what you will find.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Loved reading this story! The little cart to put quilts in...maybe I need one like it?? Love your pretty strawberry quilt next to the strawberry sign, it looks great!
Helen xox

3:44 PM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

You are so funny - love reading your stories. I can totally relate too - just have to have and then it sits somewhere in the house :)! My parents had one - sure came in handy! Too bad I didn't know you were looking for one, when we got rid of it! Love, love your Strawberry quilt - great props with the sign and cart :)!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Paige said...

Love your strawberry quilt in the cart!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older