Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Jolly Bar's for Breakfast

Morning friends!  Today is the Jolly Bar Book day here in PamKittyville.  Last month Fat Quarter Shop sent me a copy of  their new Jolly Bar Book and my choice of Jolly Bar and invited me to sew along with some friends using their exclusive Jolly Bar precut from Moda and their new Jolly Bar Book.  Be sure and head over to the Jolly Jabber to check out what they've sewn!

Jolly-Bar-Book-2
 
Seriously the book is the cutest, it's the same size as a Jolly Bar and it's packed with 20 different patterns for quilts that use one and sometimes 2 Jolly Bars along with a solid in either cut yardage or precut form. 

Jollybar1
 
I didn't take long for me to choose a Little Ruby Jolly Bar and Camille's favorite Bella Solids Bleached White PFD, to get started.  I added in the red Little Lady print for backing and the Vintage Tonal Red Check from Vintage Picnic for binding.  I love a nice diagonal check!


Autumn Stars
 
It didn't take long to cut and stitch up the quilt at all.  You can always count on the Fat Quarter Shop to have nice instructions with good illustrations to get you through the project.  With my (mostly) cleared off sewing table I was able to machine quilt it myself.   I love to meander, and while I'm a bit out of practice, once this quilt is laundered you'll be none the wiser.  I'll work on those star points later.. still pondering them.  They look a little baggy here unquilted!


Autumn Stars

I chose to use the lighter fabric for the star centers, so they pop off the quilt a bit. I really love the design and seriously, it's a breeze to stitch up in an afternoon, maybe two if you're taking it easy. 
 


Autumn Stars

I think the Jolly Bar Book makes for a super gift, and I'm already thinking of Christmas.. a Jolly Bar, the book and maybe a spool of thread to decorate the package.. perfect for your sewing pals!  Thanks to Fat Quarter Shop for inviting me to play along!

There's lots to see so make sure you head to these sewing blogger to check out which quilts they made.. I think I saw a sneak peek of Tina's already..

There are plenty of fun bloggers on the Jolly Bar Book Tour! :

The FQS Team at The Jolly Jabber
Melissa from Happy Quilting
Tina from Emily Ann's Kloset
Amanda from Jedi Craft Girl
Connie from Free Motion by the River
Afton from Quilting Mod
Pam from Pam Kitty Morning
Heidi from Buttons and Butterflies
Renee from Sewn with Grace
Remona from The Stitching Scientist
Andy from A Bright Corner
Angie from Gnome Angel

Happy sewing peoples! xo

7 Comments:

Blogger Sewn With Grace said...

So cute Pam!

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Andria said...

Really cute!

5:43 AM  
Blogger Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Cute quilt Pam!

6:05 AM  
Blogger Heidi Grohs said...

This pattern is totally on my "next" list!!!

6:20 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Really cute Pam! Just what I need another book and pile of pre cuts.....oh wait I do!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Remona said...

Beautiful! Love the colors.

7:10 AM  
Blogger OhioLori said...

Awesome job!! Looove it!! Also, think your gift idea for quilty friends is super! :)

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older