Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tuesday

Good morning!   Holy cow winter people, hope you're all safe and warm where you are!  I spent a good part of yesterday outside  cleaning up the patio in my shirtsleeves.. even the robins think spring is right around the corner.  For probably a week I had flocks and flocks of giant robins, I don't remember them ever being so huge before.  They've left a mess all over my patio on every surface if you know what I mean, and it's a pain to get it cleaned up when you can't spray down the cement.


robins
 
Sunday we were coming home through old downtown and came across a flock of  turkeys wandering down the road. There were more turkeys outside the frame here, including a giant tom turkey leading the parade down the street.  He didn't seem too smart though, he walked right in front of the car. 

Turkey
 
Hope everything is going well where you are people!  Be safe and be warm! xo

9 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Awwww - that robin looks so cute in that pot, but I know what you mean about the mess. We would sometimes hang little birdseed bells from our deck - what a mess afterwards!! Love the sign of spring for you though! Wild Turkeys another story....! Today is a brrrrr, cold day, but sunny - sunny and warm sewing day - inside :)!

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture of the turkeys!

Love your writing and quilts

7:45 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

What?! Turkeys parading down the street...totally crazy. Glad we don't have any here.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Turkeys in Livermore?????? Well I never!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

I have 2 camels but no wild turkeys! I love this picture.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I can't imagine having warm weather this time of year. We have about 20 inches of snow right now, less than the 25-28 they were predicting.

4:19 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

My daughter and her family live over by the library...wonder if they saw the turkey parade! I will be in town for a few hours this weekend...watching Annika at her hockey lesson but then scooting right back to Mt View...those kids moved into their new house a few days ago and its all about the unpacking! someday we'll have coffee in the Garden!

7:14 PM  
Blogger sewyouquilt2 said...

thanks for the pictures of green and life. we are under 30 inches of snow here and 18 more on way tomorrow. GRRRRR only good side is a snow day to maybe sew? LOL

4:54 AM  
Blogger Andrea - Under a Blue Moon said...

Omigod! That's my house!! We can always tell when the turkeys are out front because of the cars honking They are completely oblivious to the traffic.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older