Monday, February 02, 2015

Coffee

Good morning friends!  Was your weekend exciting?  We didn't have a football weekend, but Bret taped it so he could speed watch the game and I sat around at the end just so I didn't miss The  Blacklist.  I think we had every show in the evening taping so we didn't miss it due to overtime.  Gosh I love that show.  Wow, dating myself, 'taping'.  How about recording!  Now wouldn't a show on the evolution of daily language be interesting?  Do you say recording or taping?  Or does it matter? Probably not. 

coffee2
 
So anyway, seems like Super Bowl Sunday is traditionally a sew day for a lot of people.  Did you sew? Did you go to a sewing event? I'm always curious about what people are doing.  Nosey, I think that's really what it is.
 
We've had some wonderful faux spring weather, Saturday it was in the 70s.  Last week I went over to Holly's, we had a busy day.  The weather in Sausalito was nice, and you could see some yachts in the bay.  I drove through town at dusk with the windows down and  could smell the salt water and fresh air.  It's still winter, but the nice days will help me through it.  All that vitamin D to soak up.  Looks like it will be a nice week, then by Friday we'll have some rain! Fingers crossed.
 
What's on your agenda?  Are you quilting along with American Patchwork and Quilting this year?  I really love last year's quilt, this Go Four It quilt along looks fun and there are a lot of great bloggers to follow along with.  What do you think?
 
Ok, that's it for me today.  It's the beginning of busy season.  Tell me what's going on with you!
 
 

8 Comments:

Blogger Terry Conner said...

Yes, the day was great to spend sewing a table runner for my daughter while waiting for the game. One side is scraps of Michigan State and the other is scraps of University of Michigan. This mornings temp is four below zero. Looking forward to warming up this week.

7:34 AM  
Blogger marilyn said...

I don't know how to "tape or record" so it doesn't matter to me. I've heard Blacklist is good. I don't watch too much tv any more. I just retired 2 weeks ago and I've been trying to organize my fabric. I'm starting on a quilt soon. I also want to do a quilt using all of my sons plaid shirts. Looking for an easy pattern for that. We watched the game because we are big Seahawk fans. I was kind of back and forth to the sewing room. I made some scrappy Valentines to send out. Happy day to you.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Now we stream everything...when I complained there was only one disc player in my new car the salesperson said that was old school...now I have a USB port and Bluetooth...what!? Something new to learn whether I like it or not. I did a little stitching this weekend :)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

I still say tape. Heck I remember Reel to Reel!
I haven't started Blacklist yet. I should bing watch the first season. I loved the lead guy when he was in Boston Legal.

I'm waiting for Feb. 27 when House of Cards returns!

We "taped" the Super Bowl as well and sort of watched some of it. I did not get any sewing done.
You're killin' me with the description of Sausalito and salt air. I will be in the area in March.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

Binge not bing LOL!!

1:13 PM  
Blogger dokiquilts said...

i still say "where's my walkman" when i can't find my ipod!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Haha -- I have no idea whether we record or tape -- I just tell hubby to take care of it!

And we Love The Blacklist. Ok, it's mostly just Love James Spader. This weekend, for the first time, I saw a pic of him when he was young. Holy Cow -- who knew he was so hot???

6:31 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

We watched...or rather I put shelf paper in the kids new kitchen with my daughter while my sil and husband watched. they were happy campers at the end. Not much sewing going on..2 mo til I retire and then i can sew to my hearts content...thats the plan!!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older