Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Excitement!

Good morning! What are you guys up to? Did you listen to Pat Sloan's American Patchwork and Quilting Radio Show yesterday? It was a Super Friends show, first up new friend Jill from Jilily Studios. I met her this past market in Kansas City, she was hanging out with our mutual pal Barbara Jones and any friend of Barb's is a friend of mine.

Pat Sloan - Host

Next up was Super Friend Nanette. She couldn't have sounded more poised and in control of herself. And I was totally weepy over the kind things she said about me. Lastly was Super Friend Roseann. You know her from a million places, I'll just link to her facebook page. She's most famous there!

bloggers block of the month may

I know you think I'm not doing anything but laying around the house. And you wouldn't be too far from the truth! But I did manage to make my May block of the month so I can rest up a couple of days till June's block. Honestly. Here's a block that's cute, I mean yeah, I think it's cute, but it's so far off the original block I don't even recognize it.  Cathy's block is the perfect Jewel Box block. My red pieces are just too bold compared to my yellow and blue pieces.  That being said, I actually think it's ok. I also changed up the center using a solid square.  I guess I should pay more attention to value!

Tomorrow is my day on the blog hop. I hope you're following along. Monday was Tara and today is Carrie. Another pair of Super Friends. I'm just one lucky gal. You might be lucky, so be sure and follow along to take a chance at winning one of Kathy's book!

5 Comments:

Blogger Robbienae said...

I so love the color choices that you use in your block!

6:52 AM  
Blogger My Vintage Mending said...

Beautiful....must be the fabric. Smiles...Renee

7:33 AM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

Yes I did listen! So fun and Pat Sloan must be a hoot! Everyone seemed great! Lucky gal you are! Your block looks pretty awesome to me...personally I like the pow effect of that red!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Jeanne in Ohio said...

I love your color choices, the red will form a great graphic design on a quilt top.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Monday was such a horrible day I didn't even see this post. Thanks my friend. What a sweet post. We are super friends. I love this block too. Super cute.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older