Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Jubilee-ish!

So it was a total Jubilee-ish feeling weekend here. Frankie's big box from England arrived and as you can see, we scored some Jubilee tins. Thank goodness I 'eavesdropped' on a twitter conversation between Sarah and Katy and found out that there were tins to be had. Our passion for stuff like this knows no bounds. Thankfully Frankie has a friend, Martin, who was able to score them for us. Thanks Martin! (did you see Nanette's cute Jubliee stuff? Darling.)

Jubiliee-ish

Anyway, I got all inspired to make a Jubilee-ish pillow, so I'm getting started on that. When we're involved in all the pre-Quilt Market stuff all I can think about is how much I wish I was just sewing for fun, but now I can't remember what I wanted to make. I'm weird, I know. Anyway yesterday I got out the Go! Baby even. I know! Crazy! I already gave Elizabeth a sneak peek and she thinks it's pretty cute. She could be humoring me, so we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks to everyone who left nice comments on my Aurifil Block of the Month!It was scary but fun to try something outside my comfort zone. I appreciate the opportunity to try new things!

Ok guess I'll get back to work on my pillow. Tell me what's new with you!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes me wish I had a Queen...love your tins, can't wait to see your pillow!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Those tins are great! And you dug out the Go!Baby...I'm impressed. That Jubilee influence must have been working.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Tina said...

I am a silly fool for the Jubilee stuff whether it is "ish" or not! ;) Can't wait to see it and I'm quite jealous of your tins!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Oh my gosh. We are more the same person. Would you let me swipe your silhouette? Where did you get it? How did you do it? That would look amazing in my quilt.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous tasha said...

this is going to be adorable!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Gosh--I would love a tin like that--lucky you!!! I have watched as much of the Jubilee as I could....

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older