Thursday, June 07, 2012

Yak Yak Yak

Spent some time on the swing yesterday, and it was delightful. Up early, the air is crisp, and it's pretty quiet. Till someone in a neighboring house starts up the gas blower! Holy cow that ruins a moment really fast. Of course as soon as I finished getting my stuff moved back into the house, wouldn't you know it, they stopped. Somedays you just need to go with the flow.

coffee

Ran some errands, poked around the yard a bit and then settled down and machine quilted my pillow top. I have the binding on it, still needs the handwork, so not done in time to show you today. It's cute, not as cute as I thought, but then I don't have the pillow in yet. We'll see. It's not ugly. I don't think anyway, and really if it is I can take it. That's the good thing about fabric, it's just fabric. The world won't end if my pillow is not up to standards. I'm sure it's good enough to be scrunched into the corner of the sofa till it's a misshaped lump. Which is what happens to most pillows around here that aren't in protective custody.

Ok, enough blathering.. that binding won't sew itself right?

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

I have a neighbor who brings out his blower at 7:30 every Friday morning. Drives me crazy.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I currently live on the 5th tee off of a golf course. This time of year the golf maintenance guys are out at 0530 with their blowers! I definitely go with the flow! lol

7:14 AM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

I often have my Bernina cranked up and running by 6:00 a.m. but it's not as loud as a lawn mower! I love to start my day expressing my creativity before going to my desk job.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older