Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Runner Up.

Good morning my wonderful people! How are you? I can't believe how much I've gotten accomplished lately. I've been sewing or organizing nearly every day and that's just CRAZY TALK!
So here's the recipe for the little runner.. it's definitely not genius work. I used (14) 2 1/2 x 18 1/2 strips, and (2) 4 1/2 x 18 1/2 inch light strips. You can see how I have them laid out, 2 of the 2 1/2 inch strips on either end, then the wider strip with 10 of the 2 1/2 strips in between.

Although I used my fat quarter bundle, it's the perfect use of left over jelly roll strips. And I used the cream color for the wider strips thinking I'd do something just in that area, you could just use all strips and no fatty pieces. When I first got started with the flowers, I thought I'd just do a nice tidy row of the flowers but then I just COULDN'T STOP CUTTING THEM OUT! I used the Rose of Sharon die on the Go! Baby. I fused at random, clearly! It was so fun. I know not everyone has a Go! Baby, so you could easily draw your own flower or download a flower from the internet. Or skip the flowers altogether!

Anyway, backing was 2/3 yard of fabric, binding 1/4 yard and I used a leftover piece of batting I had laying around, but I think you could use a craft sized piece.

One new thing I wanted to make sure and mention was the Shades Soft Fuse fusible web I used! Holy cow that stuff is great! Even under those flowers that are all stacked up, you only feel fabric. I prefused the strips of fabric with it before I ran them through the Go! Baby and it cut up and fused perfectly. Also when sewing I didn't get that sticky residue on my needle that I often get with other brands of fusible adhesive. Anyway, I got mine at The Wooden Gate! Marby has it on a roll, and I also understand it comes in sheets that you can run through your printer!

So that's all the news here. What's new with you?

7 Comments:

Blogger karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Thanks for the fusible tip, that is one area where I appreciate the info!

5:29 AM  
Blogger John'aLee said...

Oh those are so cute and 'happy' looking! Love your blog!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Dandelion Quilts said...

That is darling!

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're table runner is cute, and easy! I've been using Soft Fuse for a couple of years now and, you're right - it's the best! There doesn't seem to be any build up of thickness as with many other fusibles. And it doesn't leave the sticky residue either. It's a keeper!!!

6:26 PM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

OK PKM, did you use the accu die to cut your strips? I cannot cut a straight line to save my life!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Annette said...

I love your darling table runner!! Thanks for the tip on the fusible web. I am going to check it out for sure.

9:15 PM  
Blogger fiberdoodles said...

I just love this! Thank you for the recipe ;0)

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older