Tuesday, January 04, 2011

The Rhetorical Oven Mitt.

Good morning everybody! How is January treating you so far? So far so good here. Still plodding away in my sewing room! But I have accomplished something. And that something is this darling oven mitt.


It was a year ago we saw this post here (scroll for the mitt) and The Oven Mitt became a topic of conversation. As you know Elizabeth has a cute kitchen, (see below) so she needed a cute oven mitt to go in it. We began calling it the Rhetorical Oven Mitt. Or R. O. M. for brevity's sake, since we've been discussing it so much.


Sadly I let tracking it down go for so long I almost didn't get my oven mitt made. Luckily Lori told me what pattern it was from and with a tip from Roseann, I managed to score my own pattern, Bella Moon Oven Mitt.

So, later today, Elizabeth will be unwrapping her Red Rose Farm birthday R. O. M. Hope you take a chance to head over to her blog and wish her a happy birthday!

14 Comments:

Blogger karen @ badlandsquilts said...

That is one fancy oven mitt with the quilting & pleated edging! Looks wonderful!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I have to have the mitt pattern!! I must have it!!! If I don't get it I will surely evaporate from the earth or throw a Southern HISSY FIT!(and that is just plain wrong on so many levels!) I'm off to search for the pattern.

I would also like to be on your birthday list. dang! Don't want much do I?

Pat

5:59 AM  
Blogger i.ikeda said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE that mitt! *sigh* I really need to learn quilting sometime.

ps.: my mom loved the gift you suggested, thank you! (I emailed you asking for advice before).

7:14 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

LOVE it .... the actual oven mitt AND the abbreviation!
P.S. In my day job ROM = range of motion .... so now all day I'll be thinking somebody's knee has a decreased rhetorical oven mitt instead of range of motion (that's OK ... it'll make the day more interesting!)

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Martha said...

The mitt is adorable. You are a sweet and thoughtful friend.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann L. said...

I. want. that. pattern! Too cute! Going to have to hunt it down.

9:48 AM  
Blogger lisa said...

did you use the insulated batting? I can't find any in town, so I guess off to the web I will go on pay day to get some! Any ideas where?

p.s. My kitchen is not cute, I think it's needs some cutening up!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Oooh PKM -- that's adorable! Ms. E. is very lucky to have such a wonderful friend!

6:13 PM  
Blogger sewfunquilts said...

that is so cute...love it.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

A-dorable with a capital A Pam!
I'll bet she just swooned when she opened it. Did she know that you had found the pattern?
That is so cute in her fabric too. What a good friend you are!
xx
Lori

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

I love the mitt...Adorable pattern. You do awesome work of course! I bet it evens looks great with cooking schmutz all over it...not that anyone but me schmutzs up their potholders.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous blop said...

ADORABLE!! It will look great in her kitchen...sweet!!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

I LOVE THAT! What a cute oven mitt.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Chef Mama Lori said...

That is SO cute!!! Can you tell us what pattern it is? I love all those pot holders on Lori's blog!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older