Monday, January 03, 2011

Back to work.

Good morning peoples! How goes it on this first 'work day' of the New Year? Bret has gone back to work so it's time to get with the regular program around here.





Have you sewn a bit? I have been working on a little something for tomorrow's birthday girl. She knows what it is I'm sure, but what it looks like will be a surprise. Well even more so for me since I have yet to actually assemble it! Once I get that out of the way, I'll be working on a little project with my Go! Baby. Alex loaned me a bag of dies to work with, and so far I've only had a chance to cut a little postage stamp block but OHMYGOSH it was amazing. That little block went together like magic. I can't wait to really dig in and see what I can come up with.
In the meantime, I've been trying to get things picked up around here. I looked back here and saw how nice my counter top looked and I really would like to get back to that! Or something close!
And lastly, Bret and I went out to dinner after one of our many trips to Fry's, and my salad was so pretty he said gee you should take a picture of that. So I did. I kind of miss the days of photographing lunch!


Delish!

11 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

Happy New Year Pam! Yes time to get back to "normal" activities. Can you give us your thoughts about the GO! Baby as compared with a regular GO! I've not tried either one, but the Baby looks more compact for storage. Er, do you ever store it??

6:54 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Wonderful looking salad...yummo! Happy New Year.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Happy New Year! You are making me hungry with that salad!!! It looks amazing and healthy!!! I have to de-tox from the cookies and fudge....so I think right now a shoe box would look yummy to eat...ha!

7:55 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

If I ever finish putting Christmas away I may have to get started in my sewing room. Lots of scraps and bits and pieces of holiday projects still littering my work table!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

Happy Monday Pam ! Have fun playing with the Go Baby ... and yes, let us know how you like it (this is the one my piggy bank may possibly give it's blessing to ....:)

8:28 AM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Oh heck... I think my stomach has more power than my brain... I cannot recall anything of your post, but I have a message relentlessly looping in my head: "I sure am hungry. Me want salad."

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Cat said...

Back to work here at Queenie -- pattern writing to work on, samples to make, and booth signs to create. And to think I was looking forward to a break after the madness of the holiays.....I think I just traded up to a different madness.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Sharon S said...

That salad looks delicious! Which restaurant did you go to? Might be coming to Livermore on my next visit to "Nanaland".

9:07 AM  
Blogger tina said...

I have to tell you that getting back to the grind has been pretty cruddy. Crud.Dy. I am working from home today, still in pj's with an unmade bed at almost 4 p.m. Work done but really, how "grindy" can you bitch about? :) On we press!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Kelly said...

Ok, I'm curious about the Go! Baby now, too. Looking forward to seeing what you came up with for the b-day girl. Bet it's CUTE!

2:37 PM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

I can't wait to see what you make with the cutter!
Me? Well I ordered 2 new dies, but I still haven't taken it for a test drive:/

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older