Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Busy weekend

Last week I mentioned I was working on a project in the sewing room and here it is. We had this counter top from a would-be home improvement project gone bad. I figured it would be cool on top of my two Estate brand hobby room cabinets.

It took a lot more time than I thought it would. With the lip on the counter Bret had to put something under the top to raise it up so I could open the drawer and doors. We also discovered just how wrong this top was for our previous project, it was 6 inches deeper than we had thought, so it had to be supported on the wall as well. I'm an impatient person so it was hard to have a project seem never ever ending but I'm so happy with the result.

Behind the curtain there are a couple of rolling carts .. something has to corral all that miscellaneous stuff that previously was just in bags and jammed on top of my table. Bit by bit I'm moving stuff back in, organizing, tossing, whatever it takes. But I'm so happy here. The counter is the perfect height for cutting. I have my tv on the end you can't see. My sewing table is on the opposite wall, and the ironing board can be moved around for convenience. Anyone working in a bedroom in a 60's house knows it's a limited space.

Those of you reading for a while you'll be shocked to know I cleared off my sewing table. A while back Nicole had a little messiest table contest and I think I came in second. Not something to be proud of that's for sure.

Ok, guess I should get to work. Just a few more things to get in that room. I'm off to Elizabeth's this morning to grab some blocks for blanket stitching. Hope you all have a happy day my sewing room sweethearts.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way that countertop looks - it's just the way I imagined my fantasy craft room to look. Lucky you!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I LOVE YOUR ROOM.
Could not be more cheerful!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love your room!! Wonderful counter top you got going on over there. Very cute!!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What a cozy room to do your work in. Love it!

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate you. Ok. I don't really hate you. I'm poison green with envy. What a wonderland and I love what you did!

I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it!

That room of yours is the E ticket of sewing rooms!

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! WIth such organization and modern conveniences, you'll not only be a celebrity stunt sewer, but also you'll be sewing superhero!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Your room looks great! Glad the project is complete.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Looks lovely!

3:08 PM  
Blogger CONNIE W said...

Looks inviting & I, too, love it!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the way your room looks!! Very neat and organized, but for how long??? Best wishes!!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Di~ said...

Great PamKitty
Now ~ a cute sewing room to go with the cute girl.
~D Spack~
isn't it time for a giveaway??? (that was random or I'm a mooch!)

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love it. Maybe you could come and redo my sewing room in a 70's bedroom!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I have a regular store bought cutting table which is a nice height. But I LOVE the skirt and I think I'll do the same thing on it to hide my stuff. I also have two long regular Office Depot tables. One I sit at to sew but the other holds stuff (ok, junk)(good junk). Undernieth always looks like a mess, so I think I'll make a skirt for that also. Thanks for the inspiration. Now get busy and get messy!!! (love the little nick nacks)!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

It's beautiful PKM! And I love that little broomrides sign -- too cute!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

When do we all get to come in play in your room? That is one wonderful space to work all your magic in. The curtains, way cute. I have a drafting table that I think I will put a skirt on. Thanks for sharing your wonderful space.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Your new counter for cutting turned out gorgeous and all that extra storage space will hide all the bits. Love the fabric you picked to hide everything. Just beautiful.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

Wonderful counter, just like you! Perfect decor. Love those curtains too, and the signs, and the water bottles. Everything!!!!

8:54 PM  
Blogger cookie said...

lucky you! i share my room with my hubbies office.. not much space for anything.
i wish i had a space like yours!!
love it!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older