Thursday, January 06, 2011

Tuesday

Elizabeth and I had fun birthday outing on Tuesday. First off we headed over to Benicia for some antiquing. Neither of us had been there in years. The antiques weren't great but the views over the Carquinez Strait were pretty good! It was cold and windy out on the pier though, so we cut that short.





Looking out towards the Carquinez Bridge.

Downtown looked awfully pretty still decked out in some holiday finery.


After some lunch and shopping at Home Good we headed over to Wooden Gate Quilts. It was a lot of fun checking out all the wonderful new fabric that's come in since the last time we were there. Of course visiting and shopping is always great.



Lots of Late Bloomer Quilts on display there right now, and Elizabeth will be teaching her Coffee With Friends Quilt, and it looks like that will make for a fun day.. the class includes lunch and some bits of vintage fabric from her stash of goodies.
You can check with Elizabeth, but I think we had a fun day!

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

You are so lucky to be able to see actual flowers outside this time of year. It looks so inviting to me. But I am trying to enjoy winter more this year. Have been ice skating this year and am going to try snowshoeing with the hubby at some point. It's nice to get out even in the cold and snow.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

You take the best day trips! I will have to make time to take some myself this year.

Laurie

5:33 AM  
Blogger Cindy P said...

What a great day trip. I am fairly new to California and am finding your blog a great tourism site also. Thank you.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I haven't been to Benicia in years. It is such a charming place, and you had a great day for it! I must get over to Wooden Gate and check it out.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous barbara@quiltsoup.com said...

You guys have a great life! Always like to catch up with you both.

2:05 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Hello fellow FSU alumni! :-) Glad you two enjoyed your day. I LOVE that R pillow! May have to make one of those.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

Ahhh Benicia. I use to take my kids there to picnic.
I love living vicariously through you!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older