Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Accu-tastic

The last time you saw that pile of Bliss it was on my ironing board in front of my newly cleared off counter! Now it's in pieces around my sewing room, and I have had some Accufun with my Go! Baby.

I have never used a die cutter before, so there was a tiny bit of a learning curve, but after a few runs through I have my situation under control. Alex generously loaned me a bag of dies that fit the Go! Baby.

I love how they come out, I've pulled away the excess and look how nice these quarter square triangles look.

They stitch up like a dream. I didn't know if I'd like the little nipped off corners but I can't believe what a difference it made in my piecing.

Something else I've always wanted to try is an applecore. Of course I'm NEVER going to cut out all those pieces by hand, or even with a rotary cutter.. my attention span is pretty limited. But running it through the Go! Baby was a dream. And I love the little notch for matching. It just took seconds to pin and stitch those two together. You can see my dilemma now.. what to use the rest of my Bliss for, hour glass blocks or applecore. Now if I was whispering in Accuquilt's ear, I'd say a smaller applecore, like a 3inch, would be DREAMY. You know, like the tumbler blocks and the drunkards path, big and small. In fact Famous Deb Silva was working on the 3 1/2 inch drunkards path at sew day and I was so envious. No pictures though, what was I thinking?

I did make this runner last week! I know! ME MAKING STUFF! I used the Rose of Sharon flower blocks in a simple strip pieced runner. Now a strip pieced runner is not my invention, you'll find a million variations all over the place. I'll give you the details in my next post. SO MUCH TO READ ALL AT ONCE. But what fun it was to cut all kinds of different flowers (with fusible web already on the back) and pile them up. This might be my favorite die of all.. flowers in all sizes, leaves, circles.. perfection.

So there you have it.. my tons of Accufun in one giant blog post!!! Talk about Go! Baby!

12 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

No, no and no! This is way to tempting, Now and can see that I need one of these babies. Gosh that table runner is so cute and a real Valentine charmer.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I've not seen the Go Baby, so this is very intriguing! Looks like a fun way to cut out all those little pieces that can bog you down ;-)

5:43 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Very, very cute PKM!!!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Cute Go Baby!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I would love a small applecore die for my Go! as well! Please tell them to make one!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Whoa.
I think I should look away, before I catch new toy envy!
But you: Go Baby, GO!

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam when will you have your own accucut dies? How cute would a cherry and scottie dog be? I would get one for sure.I really like that runner too. Will it be on the moda bake shop site?

9:32 AM  
Blogger strawberrycream39 said...

I love your comment about having a short attention span. Me too. I really like the idea of this machine. I mean, look at those triangles! And apple cores! Awesome. I looooove the table runner...Pretty and cheerful! I'm hoarding a bit of Bliss myself.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Pookie said...

AccuFun! HAHAHAHAHA! I'm going to use that line next time I break out my Go cutter. I love cutting, even annoying cutting, but man, oh man, is it ever satisfying to zip the die through and blammo! Apple cores! I hope they listen to your suggestion for smaller apple core. I'd be all over that.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I have the apple core and haven't tried it yet but these pictures are making me itch to try it. I have the big and small tumbler and loved the big tumbler quilt I made and will be making a baby quilt from the little one soon. Don't you love how those corners on the triangles are not there?

12:09 PM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

OH so cute! LOVE the runner and the PamKittyAppliquƩ you did! YRSFS!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Pam! I love Bliss and I love the way you have used it in this really cute runner. I love, love, the flowers. Thanks for sharing.

Love,
Tamara

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older