Friday, June 13, 2008

A little help from my friend!

One of the results of the trip to Elizabeth's the other day.. she's going to turn this spidery mess into the center urn of the Flight of Fancy quilt for me. Because it turns out that while I might know how to do somethings, I really can't sew bias strips. I have only made them once and they were much fatter than these 1/8th inch dudes.

But I can't wait too see that quilt done, the blocks are so cute and I want to see it hanging in my house. I might even get right on quilting it. After I finish this block, and of course embroider the bird legs.
Anne is showing off her little bags on her blog today.. they're completely cute. She's also showing off a darling pattern of Elizabeth's made completely out of her most recent fabric, Flowers for Emma. I love this little quilt so much.. I'm using the block on a small project myself, this is the pile of goods we came up with during our little visit! Yum, after I left Elizabeth's I went over to PW market, I needed something good and they have it. Tiny little cream puffs. Yum. Just really a bite or two.
And just because there's been no Binzer on the blog for a few minutes, a gratuitous photo taken by my phone. Had an impromptu visit with Frankie, forgot my real camera so this grainy phone photo will have to do.
Happy weekend my peeps, keep cool!

8 Comments:

Blogger little acorns said...

That is one cute bun-bun! (Binzer. . . I mean!). . . even fuzzy. . .
Have a great weekend Pam! xo, Bren

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dying to see Flights of Fancy ala PKM when it's all done.

Binz is just too stinkin' cute. Mmm. Cream Puff.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Paganelli said...

thanks for stopping by the blog earlier..love the bunny wabbit and the good eats..I may just hang here awhile...xoxoxoJennifer

4:25 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

OMG that plate is sooooo cute. And the cream puff aint too bad either. LOL!!! I could go for one of those right now.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I make my own bias tape but 1/8 inch????? That's crazy.

But oh, that cream puff. Yummmmmy. I'm going to have to go the Italian market and get myself one, or a lobster tail (flaky pastry, cream filled, shaped like a lobster tail)....can't decide which.

I've been missing Binzer.

- Suzanne

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you get to Oahu, Hawaii you have got to try Liliha Bakery's 'Cocoa Puffs'. To die for! Binzer is cuteness magnified!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tiny bias strips...yikes!! Can't wait to see the progress. Binzer is so cute you just want to eat him up...well not literally!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I have never even imagined the ordeal of making bias strips that small! Good gravy.
That is some cute Binzer. We must never ever let Ozzie meet him.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older