Friday, August 24, 2007

Wow

Oh my lovely friends, I certainly didn't expect that outpouring of wonderful comments. One would think I didn't post just to garner more compliments...which by the way, I did not! You are all way way to kind. So thank you thank you!

It has been a busy week. As you know, if you read my blog, I'm a lazy lazy person, and when I have something to do EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE WEEK I just feel, well, BUSY. The activities don't even have to take up the whole day. It's clearly true for me, the less you have to do the longer it takes. Back in the olden days when I went (by covered wagon) to my job as a systems engineer (computer nerd) I managed to get craploads of stuff done.

So yeah, its Friday night and I am beat. And weirdly up late.

Anyway, here's something that made me all thrilled this week. Another new visitor to the yard. I'm a big backyard bird person and this is a photo of one of the two new arrivals. That's my woodpecker on my ugly palm tree. I was so surprised to see him tap tap tapping, since it sounded like the blue jay who likes to tap on the gutters to wake us up. Anyway, haven't seen him since.



Our other new bird is a Black Phoebe. He's pretty and so far I don't have a photo. He migrates through I think, I only see him a couple of times a year, but he's the cutest.

So lovely people.. have a good weekend.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your Phoebe is hanging out in my yard. I'll see if he'll sit for a portrait.
Love,
anonymous

9:24 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I love woodpeckers. I know they aren't great for trees as they puncture them with a million little holes, but I still think they're charming and their colors are quite striking.

It's hot here. Has it cooled off where you are?

I hope you don't have to do anything this weekend.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So your one of "those" bird watchers huh???? LOL!!! I KNEW IT!!!! No really I didn't know it. And covered wagon????? You really seriously do not look that old. What is your secret?? Cause I need some of whatever your using. And make it snappy. Matter of fact you looked even younger in person. I'm just sayin!!! :-)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Sharon at American Harvest said...

Hi Pam,
You certainly have interesting critters visiting your yard. They must know that a fun person lives there. Thanks for sharing Friday night with us at American Harvest's Haunted Mansion. All of you girls (Sandy and Elizabeth and of course you, Pam) are so clever. Thank you for helping me with my blog ventures.
Sharon

1:15 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Whew! I finally caught up on your blog -- so much fun you've been posting. Enjoyed the sneak peeks of the magazine, the quilt in the shop, and Sharon! But, inquiring minds want to know -- how DID you get rid of that pesky nerd job -- I need the secret -- there's no fabric beauty at nerd jobs! ;-)

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older