Monday, August 12, 2019

Happy 40th Anniversary Olfa!

Good morning friends!  Today is my day in the Olfa  Quilt Along.  I am so excited to be included in this event with so many great quilters.   I can still remember the day in 1987, when I first saw the Olfa Cutter.  I was on maternity leave pacing my house and watching  PBS.  I have always loved sewing and quilting seemed like it would be so much fun, but the thought of cutting all those pieces with scissors was way out side my patience level.  Kaye Wood came on tv and she was cutting out pieces for a quilt using a rotary cutter and it was like the voices of a thousand angels singing. Before I knew it was gripping  a yellow Olfa cutter in my  hand and I never looked back. 

olfa40
 
Do you own a Ruby cutter or any of the wonderful Splash cutters?  I love my Ruby Red cutter, you know I love red.  That Ruby Red cutter on the new Navy True Blue mat would be sensational.  But I digress.

olfa1
 
The assignment was to create a block using the Splash colors to include in a sampler quilt.  I got out my Splash cutters (yes, I have them all!) and went to my stash and pulled some fabric, and waited for some inspiration to hit. 
 
Olfablk
 
This is my block, Judges Favorite.  I think the Olfa Rotary Cutters, rulers and self healing mats are my favorite and most important tools for quilting and basically any sewing or crafting I do. They'll always win a prize ribbon from me!  Couple them with the circle cutter, the utility knife, little touch knives, scissors... well they are indispensable tools.

olfaquilt

Here's the whole quilt and isn't it great! You can head over to this post to get started on the quilt if you haven't already checked it out! You can find the gallery of blocks here. I can't live without my Olfa Rotary Cutter and I bet you can't either!  Thanks Olfa, for including me in your Quilt Along Project!!  I'm so happy to be a part of the celebration!
 
 

 

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Thanks for s new cute block today! Love the Splash cutters. I have all the colors!

10:47 AM  
Anonymous greg said...

Your block is very cute! And thanks for being an enabler - I just ordered the 24 x 36 navy cutting mat! Now I wish that Olfa would make a navy 12 x 18 mat, too.

2:19 PM  
Blogger NanaDiana said...

Oh- Someday I hope to have enough time to quilt and stitch again. Working full time again means that I don't do any fun things I used to do. xo Diana

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older