Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Wednesday


I'm off to spend the day at the LakeHouse studio.  It's a beautiful trip these spring days, in the morning I can see San Francisco when I travel up on 580 by San Leandro and San Lorenzo, then when I pass by Richmond and along the approach to the Richmond Bridge, I can see the Golden Gate. 

the way home
 
The Richmond Bridge coming home, lately it's been so clear, you can see the whole span, to the left , just out of view of this scene, East Brother Lighthouse out on an island where there's a B&B.  I also think of my grandparents living in Winehaven,just to the left of the bridge landing,  my grandfather was a cooper.

the way home

Construction on the Bay Bridge is moving a long, and I believe it's set to open this fall. There are some fascinating views on the construction cams


the way home

From the bridge I can see from San Francisco to Oakland on most days.  Glorious. I have hundreds of from the window photographs, some better, some worse,  hoping that I can capture it for you.


the way home
 
From Emeryville, I can see the Golden Gate there barely showing above the fog, to the left is San Francisco, you can just barely see the Transamerica Tower. But then traffic comes along and prevents me from showing you the bridge again.  At night, it's all the more beautiful with the lights.  It's a nice drive when the traffic isn't too bad, even back towards home there's all the pretty pastel colored houses of old Oakland along the way, and then over the Dublin Grade the Tri-Valley area, which is so green and lush looking in the spring.  Always something to see and appreciate.
 
Hope you have a fantastic day!


12 Comments:

Blogger Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

So beautiful. You have just made me extreeeeeemly homesick. Have a wonderful time at Lakehouse!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Auntie Pami said...

I miss the scenery

5:52 AM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

What a wonderful way to start your day! Thanks for taking and showing the pictures!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Nedra said...

You are making me so homesick! My step mother (who is 93) is experiencing some health issues, so I may be back before summer. Just love the shots of the bay.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

My favorite vacation with Dave was to San Francisco many years ago. I haven't been back (silly really) but we had the best time. The food was so amazing. We walked everywhere. We ate lunch at at a place called something Cigar Shop (best focaccia) and generally it was like a honeymoon. We stayed on North Shore and walked and walked. THe guy that jumps out got me not once but twice. Maybe I've told you all this but it was so fun. Love your pictures. It is a beautiful place in our country. The weather looks amazing. Tell Holly hi.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

What beautiful, familiar sights and views. I grew up in Ross, Marin County and miss the beauty of the Bay Area daily. Moved to Palm Springs when we got married. We make it to the city every year or two and never miss Lake Tahoe in the summer. We are usually there 4-6 weeks.

Thank you for the memories!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Camille said...

Lucky! I love bridges, and the Bay Area is heavenly! Have fun!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Makes me miss living up there. My favorite site was always the fog starting to come in through the Golden Gate. Los Angeles has it's good points, but not nearly the charm of the Bay Area.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Gale, Ky quilter said...

Wow! Thanks for the beautiful scenic tour. I have never been, nor will I ever get the chance to see all this for myself, so thanks once again!

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Kate said...

You live in such a beautiful part of the country.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Denise said...

Beautiful! East coast girl here, and would love to check out your beautiful views in person one day.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Pam, I love your pictures! I know exactly where they were taken and from what vantage point! I miss SF and my kiddos and grandbabies! Hope to get out there soon again! ~Debbie

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older