Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Wednesday

Hi there!  What's new with you?  The days have rolled by without a lot to show for them here on the blog.  We had some rain, I went to the market, I ran some errands, I had an eye appointment.  Although I did actually instagram a photo of my eye doctor way back in the day, some how it's just not that exciting anymore.  What will be exciting, getting my new glasses. Then maybe all those times when I think my block is right on, it actually will be!

stars
 
In the meantime, I have my stars stitched together.  It's really fun using the Sizzix die for this block, no cutting with templates or fancy rulers. They go together fast.  Well as fast as I do anything these days!  I have a few dies for applique shapes, this is my first die for  piecing.  Pretty fun.  
 
I really enjoyed Cheri's fun Scrapbasket Sew  Along, and it looks like starting June 10  there will be another one!  Here's the sneak peek of the designs.  Each month there will be an applique block and a pieced block.  You can join Cheri's group on Facebook here.   I really enjoy the group. 

blackbirdgathering
 
It's a very positive group, I haven't seen anyone being unkind, as sometimes groups can get.  I know some of you are already in the group, are you making the quilt? 
 
Ok, that's it for today.  Hope you're having a good week!

3 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Not much going on here. Home from Mt View but getting ready for out of town comaony and a family BBQ this weekend. So no sewing...al bough I may have to at least make a little block or EPP since I am getting withdrawal symptoms!

2:11 PM  
Blogger ferne said...

I just joined the group, but haven't participated yet. I love her rustic style and can't wait to try one of the projects.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Love the star blocks they look so twinkly there! Have a great weekend!
Helen xox

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older