Friday, May 13, 2016

Fri-YAY

Woohoo, Friday!  How was your week?  I got a bunch of small things crossed off my list, which feels so darn good.   I know so many of you are wonderful at keeping things in control and that's something I really envy.
 
I realized that I have forgotten to share my Spring in a Jar block for Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Issue 13 with you.  This issue is now on newsstands!
 

Quiltmaker 100 blocks 13
 
I love simple applique shapes.  These are perfect to practice your machine blanket stitching. Of course you can straight stitch around the edge as well , which seems to be the popular finishing method. 


Quiltmaker 100 Blocks 13'
 
Popular or not, I love the blanket stitch.  I remember when I was looking at upgrading machines from my old used Singer my dad bought me in 1974, the main thing on my list was the blanket stitch. I've spent lots of hours stitching away and it's still my preferred method of applique.   I hope you like my block with the pieced background. 
 
Ok peoples.. hope you have a wonderful weekend!  xo

10 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

LOVE your block! The fabrics are just right for this springtime bouquet. Love the blue jar.

5:04 AM  
Blogger Podunk Pretties said...

Oh so cute! Now I know I NEED this issue.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Podunk Pretties said...

Oh so cute! Now I know I NEED this issue.

5:10 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Oh so cute! I will have to start practicing. I always love how nicely finished things are with blanket stitch.

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Martha said...

Darling block Pam! Love the blanket stitch and who can resist a bit of rick-rack? Have a great weekend.

6:43 AM  
Blogger ferne said...

I still have my Singer from 1975 sitting in my closet. It had cams for fun stitches including stitches to sew on stretchy knit fabrics. I also love the button hole stitch and use it where ever I can! My original Janome had a great hem stitch that I loved for doing applique because it looked like you did it by hand, but newer Janome doesn't have quite the same stitch so I pull out my other machine just for this stitch. Can't bear to get rid of an old machine.

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, you always have the cutes blocks in the magazine. I really like the rick rack stems, those are easy to do for us applique newbies.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

This is an adorable block...I love blanket stitch around applique too. Your flowers are just gorgeous here :)
Happy weekend.
Helen xox

8:27 AM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

I love this block!

11:16 AM  
Blogger jude3944 said...

I love everything you do. Its always so happy... I even went and found me a cow... waiting to make me a pin cushion... lol

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older