Friday, April 08, 2016

TGIF

Hi everybody, HAPPY FRIDAY!  I had a great week, how about you?  I'm back on track with my Splendid Sampler blocks!  This is Lindsay Mayland's Pieces of Friendship block.  I love the vibrant colors I used, but wish that I'd used a little more contrast with my yellows, that would have made this block more in the style it was designed. I might make it again, I might just learn my lesson and move on.  Hard to say. Since Lindsay says "finished is better than perfect" I should  take her advice and leave it.


Splendid Sampler
 
Hop over to the All People Quilt blog and check out the bonus project for this block and read about Lindsay and her sewing story.


Modern Vintage Gifts
 
Now for my coffee break reading, I've had this book for a while, but wanted to share it with you. It's Helen Phillips Modern Vintage Gifts.  This isn't the first book I have by Helen, she's such an inspiration to me.  The book has big and small projects, and Helen's photographs are so inviting.  Have you visited her blog?  I know a lot of us have cut back on our blog reading but I have made an exception for Helen's blog.  Delightful.


Modern Vintage Gifts
 
Helen uses a lot of Pam Kitty fabric, and so I'm extra happy when I see bits and pieces used in her charming projects. 
 
I guess that's it for this week!  What's on your agenda for the weekend?  I'm feeling kind of motivated to take a peek at some pesky ufos that are cluttering up my sewing table.  Maybe.  Maybe I'll start something new.  Hard to say.  Hope your weekend is happy! xo
 
 

4 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Oh Helen's blog is so pretty and filled with sweet inspiration. And I sure like your block even with low contrast. I have just now settled on a color palette but as I haven't made a single block to date I imagine this will Splendid quilt will stay on my bucket list. Have a great weekend Pam.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

I too love Helen's Blog. From her projects to knick knacks and flower pics - I always leave inspired and motivated. Thank You Pam, for your encouragement after I mentioned I did my first Free Motion Quilting on a baby quilt. I did a second one - your voice kept ringing in my ear :)! I still sigh a loooong sigh with relief when it is done, but yes, practice brings confidence. I'm using your fabric for the Crossroads quilt - baby size though! Love your Sunshine Block!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Your block is lovely! And thank you so much for the sweet mention of my book and blog, dear Pam! We have been away this weekend and this was a lovely surprise to come back to :)
Happy Sunday!
Helen xox

6:41 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

Checked out Helen's blog and started following. I'm addicted to bloggers what can I say.
Love your sampler block

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older