Monday, May 02, 2016

Easy Addition

Woo hoo it's Monday ! It's May!  Wow, I can hardly believe it.  It was a warm windy weekend here, how about your place?
 
I had mentioned last week one of things I'd ticked off the list was my Easy Addition Quilt.  I scrapped it up with a lot of PamKitty white background prints and I'm quite pleased with the outcome!  I can't wait to have it quilted. 
 
One of the things I love about blogs and social media is all the fantastic photos. I'd love to have the space in my house to set up but there's just no 'back up' room around here.  So my clever idea was to take it to a school.. I mean 'Easy Addition' has kind of a school house  sound to it right?  And where do you learn addition, elementary school.  Bret decided Walnut Grove, his elementary alma mater, would be the perfect choice.  I love the California Mission style of the plaza area outside the school. 


Easy Addition
 
But now close up, where you get a feel for the quilt you're stuck with a weird lame photo.  Or should I say another, weird lame photo. 


Easy Addition
 
So at the school we saw another sign, so thought that looks good.  Well, that provided some challenges as well, like the crazy wind that came up. And really, kind of my regular just barely ok photos. I guess in my mind I'm torn between wanting a pretty photo and wanting to see a good portion of the quilt.  Old school vs new school. School.  Get it?

Easy Addition
 
So we high tailed it back to Livermore to see if Frankie's old elementary school had a better sign.  And it does.  I practically had to get into someone's car to take these photos, but  they're much closer to what I had in my mind, a clever shot about math.  Or is that even a possibility?

Easy Addition

Thanks to Brenda for a great pattern and to American Patchwork and Quilting to bringing it to us.

Easy Addition
 
I really enjoyed making it, and participating in the quilt along.  It is great to have a community of like minded people to hang out with!
 
Have a great week!
 
 
 
 #apqquiltalong
#easyaddition

10 Comments:

Blogger Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It is a pretty quilt, and very clever of you to photograph it with an elementary school sign. It looks terrific at Emma C Smith since the sign is red.

6:15 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

It came out so cute Pam! I have put mine on back burner again....this week is busy and I need it up in the wall to try and balance the colors...not all blocks can be yellow and purple! The photos are fun! And what's better than running around town with your loved ones photographing quilts!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

You made another beautiful quilt! Love it!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Love this quilt and your photographs with the school signs are great!! You made me smile describing the photographic difficulties though:) The wonderful thing with PKM fabric is that it always photographs so well....the lovely colours make that part easy!
Helen xox

10:29 AM  
Blogger Leanne said...

Your quilt is stunning, love the school sign photos.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

VERY Sweet Pam -- I love that pattern. And your version, with your adorable fabrics, is just perfect!

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

I'm always challenged when it comes to photographing quilts too. I admire your efforts and a school was the perfect choice for this cute quilt.

7:28 AM  
Blogger fiddlegirl8 said...

You've inspired me to go buy this magazine (with the pattern) today and use up some stash to make this quilt. I live yours This is my first time visiting your blog. Really enjoyed reading all about you. Will be making your blog part of my everyday reading. P

7:29 AM  
Blogger fiddlegirl8 said...

Correction to last comment. " I love yours. ". I'm not a fan of spell check.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always make me smile when I read your blog. I like that you keep it real. Not that those fancy people aren't real, just that you seem 'more' real. Your quilt turned out pretty.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older