Monday, April 18, 2016

Sunny Monday


Hi there! How was your weekend?  I got some sewing done, I was going to say a lot, but there are people who really do get a lot done, so I'll just say some and be satisfied with that.   I laid out my Scrapbasket Sampler blocks from Cheri's Facebook Group/Sewing Bee.   It took me a while to decide what to use for alternate blocks.  I ended up going with the same backgrounds, keeping it predominately pink and aqua.  I had waited till Cheri released the applique portions to decide what to do.  I know this is just a snippet of the quilt, it's long and narrow, but you can see the addition of the bottom applique.
 
Scrapbasket Sampler

I was able to do all the blanket stitching and then attach the piece to the bottom, I think it's kind of fun and makes the little green bits in the body of the quilt pop a bit. The applique is quite a bit darker than the quilt.. so I'm not sure if it will be successful in the end.  Maybe all you're going to notice is OMG LOOK AT THAT APPLIQUE.

Scrapbasket Sampler
 
 There's a lot more pieces in the top applique, lots of flowers and more stars.  I'd worry about it, but you know what, it's just fabric and so there's no risk in using it and making a mistake right? I used to be a lot more carefree with my projects, less worry about how it will all look, so I'd like to capture some of that again. 


Now for some coffee break reading.. Sunday's reading was Kerri's cute Lovely Little Patchwork book.  Chock filled with adorable projects. I'm sure you already know how adorable everything she makes is.
 
 
Lovely Little Patchwork
 
I am very excited to see some Pam Kitty Fabric featured in this cute table runner.  Very cute book, congratulations to Kerri. You can follow her on Instagram here, and check out all the cute stuff people are making using the hashtag #lovelylittlepatchwork here.

Lovely Little Patchwork

Ok, lets keep this week on the straight and narrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Driving through nowhere MO. Today to visit a family member. Lots prettier than that trek up the 5, green hills and lots of picturesque fields of cows. ( unlike that awful feedlot) But I am hopeful that I will get some sewing in at the end of the week. This is such a pretty table runner Pam.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

Hi Pam! Looks beautiful to me, and I love your stitches. I still keep a print out of your blanket stitch tutorial in my Bernina Handbook, it helps me every time I am doing machine applique! Love Kerri's book too! xo Pam

9:17 AM  
Blogger Dan Kelly said...

The applique on that is really nice! Thank you for the reminder about "Lovely Little Patchwork." I've been meaning to pick it up. :)

10:39 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

I really like your blocks & I especially like the applique border ~ truly lovely! I am so inspired,thx for sharing!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older