Friday, March 27, 2015

Charm Box Quilt Short Cut Quilt Pattern

Good morning!  Today we're working on another Shortcut Quilt with the Fat Quarter Shop! The Charm Box quilt takes just two charm packs and 7/8ths a yard of a solid fabric. (check the pattern for binding and backing requirements)  I chose the Milk, Sugar and Flower collection by Elea Lutz(Be sure and check your charm pack to make sure you have enough squares for you project!  You'll need 60! )


Charm Box
 
The most exciting thing about this  pattern the shortcut piecing! Holy cow people!! It's great! I confess to being skeptical, but wow, it really works!  You can see it all in the video here! Even Kimberly can't contain her enthusiasm!

Charm Box Quilt
 
Its gorgeous sunny spring weather her in Northern California, and it's perfect for showing off a fun springtime quilt.  That's a lot of spring time in one picture.

Charm Box Quilt
 
I'm a little embarrassed it looks like I wadded it up in a paperbag and drove out to get a photo.  My iron is not heating up as it should and that make pressing a bit of a challenge.  That and the super sunshine make this adorable project seem like  a bit of a hot mess.  BUT OH GOSH IT'S CUTE.


Charm Box Quilt
 
Super springy!  I chose the pretty floral for backing, but once I laid it all out, I decided that it would make a pretty border and extend the size just a bit.  And look at that cute stripe for the binding! So now I'm just waiting for the time I can focus on finishing it.  Frankie thinks it will be great for hanging out and binge watching tv. I think she's right!

Charm Box Quilt
 
Pam Kitty really plays well with Milk, Sugar, Flower!  This was a happy accident on my cutting table one day!  You know me, I like to get along!

#pamkittyplayswell
 
So for sure you're ready to download your pattern right?  Here are all the links you'll need!
 
 
Now hop on over to the Jolly Jabber to see who else made Charm Box Quilts!
 
Have a great weekend everybody!
 

5 Comments:

Blogger ✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

I love this sweet fabric collection! Yours looks beautiful in the sunshine!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Your quilt really does look like spring. I love the fabrics and the pattern is one I really must try.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Ella and Nesta said...

Beautiful choice of colour, it looks lovely. I'm very tempted to try it in baby size for a colleague's baby expected for next week!

4:23 AM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Your fabrics do play well in the sand box. :-). Because of you I'm going to try this pattern, but as a mini. I'm on a mini roll right now. They are quick and sometimes easy. Send me your snail address because I'd love to hook you up...miss seeing your face. :-)

10:32 PM  
Blogger minikmini said...

Beautiful... :)

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older