Thursday, March 12, 2015

Thursday Road Trip

Good morning!  I'm all packed up and heading out to my sewing retreat today!  Pretty exciting.  I have a ton of stuff packed, I hope I have enough and sadly fear that I have far too much! I'm going to work on a variety of things, including some stunt sewing for Holly, she's got a project coming out in McCalls Quilt Quilts that will run all 2016, and while we wait for the Sunrise Studio fabric to arrive  at the studio, I'll work on a small mock up in Pam Kitty Garden.  

stopdropblocks
 
This week, between getting things ready for the trip, I 've made some #stopdropmakeablock blocks.  I have two each of the red and pink and 3 more of the yellow waiting to be sewn.  I made a quilt with these blocks in 2004, as a gift, and I've enjoyed revisiting the block.  I am thinking of these as petunias, and my old blocks were a variety of reds with black centers and I was thinking big poppies. Fun and scrappy, I'll make a bunch and see what happens. 
 
Hope you guys have a good weekend! I'll see you back here on Sunday for the Snapshot's Quilt Along!  

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun at your sewing retreat, love those blocks.

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Martha said...

Sounds sew fun! Where is your retreat? Have a great time!!

5:58 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

I love these blocks. As cute as they are, I'm kind of glad that you didn't include a pattern for them. I'm so crazy about what you do and your fabrics that, when you start something, I have to drop what I'm doing to copycat you! Have fun at your retreat! Oh, and I'm really not happy about your not including the pattern for these cute blocks.... Cheery wave!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Junebug said...

Oh, the fun you will have, safe travels and can't wait to see all the goodies you make!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

Have tons of fun and I like the pinwheels!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

I love your blocks! Have you figured out what kinds of birds are building that nest outside your door?

7:47 AM  
Blogger Annelies said...

Have lots of fun...cannot wait to see the pictures when you are back!!!! XXXX

8:23 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Love these blocks, must add them to my to do list! Hope you have a great time!
Helen xox

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older