Friday, March 20, 2015

Fog City Kitty Strikeoffs

Good morning!  How was your week?  I was super busy, I came home from the retreat and then next thing you know it's Friday!  I know I still owe you some retreat photos  but I had a couple of days where I couldn't download photos for some reason and then well, the week got away from me.  If you head to instagram you can see a little bit of the weekend while you wait, plus some pictures of the latest quilt I'm test piecing for Holly.
 
Anyway, the exciting thing yesterday was getting over to the studio and checking out the strikeoffs for Fog City Kitty!  I am so pleased with how they turned out.  It's been a real treat to have that bonus collection and exciting to have some fresh fabric earlier in the year. 

Fog City Kitty
 
I'm quite pleased with all the wonderful colors.  This is an extension of Pam Kitty Garden in a "fog" gray colorway, something a lot of shops asked for.  We also had a lot of requests for the cherries so we popped some of those in too!  Of course in true Pam Kitty style, all the new Pam Kitty mixes right in with the old Pam Kitty. 
 
Fog City Kitty
 
Not to jump the gun, but how cute are these Sunrise Studio mini strawberries with these prints?  SUPER CUTE TO ME!  I hope to you too. 
 

Fog City Kitty + Sunrise Studio
 

Fog City Kitty Plays well with Sunrise Studio

Once we have strike offs you know that yardage isn't far behind.  Of course it has to travel from the mill and then get rolled on bolts and then get shipped to the distributor and then to the stores, so patience is the name of the game right now.  And I'm still pretty darn happy sewing on my Pam Kitty Garden fabrics.
Sunrise Studio by LakeHouse with Fog City Kitty
 
But back to business here... I love the new colors of scallops available , there's even a yellow hidden in there!  They all go very nicely with Pam Kitty ... of course!  I'm having so much fun working with them. 
Fog City Kitty

Ooops another picture.  Sorry, I hope you can indulge me today! I can't help it, I love it so much.  Of course you know that Holly is the woman behind the curtain Wizard of Oz style. She's the one who makes it really great!

Sunrise Studio by LakeHouse
 
Here's more of the Sunrise Studio.. new scallops in new sizes.  They'll be perfect for your more petite scallop needs! Bags! Blocks!  Holly has some great projects coming in McCalls Quilting and McCalls Quick Quilts.  I can't wait till I can share those with you.  Remember to head over to Instagram and you'll see a bit of a sneak peek of those test blocks.

Sunrise Studio by LakeHouse

Sunrise Studio by LakeHouSunrise Studio by LakeHousese
 
 
Sunrise Studio by LakeHouse
 
Seriously, strawberries good enough to eat! 

Fog City Kitty and Sunrise Studio
 
All in all it looks pretty darn good I'd say!  I was so completely thrilled to see them all laid out with the Sunrise Studio prints looking so cheerful.  It makes me want to sew sew sew!
 
So that's that!  I hope you guys have a great weekend!  I can't believe it's Friday!  Better get my coffee and get busy!!!  xo
 
P. S. Be sure and ask your favorite quilt  shop to order Fog City Kitty and Sunrise Studio!!!  That would be super awesome!

15 Comments:

Blogger Duni said...

These are super cute! I ordered a couple bolts for my fabric shoppe, but seeing the strike offs I may need to order more :) Thanks for sharing!

5:51 AM  
Blogger marilyn said...

Oh MY, the strawberries!!, the scallops!!, did I see a picket fence in there? Lovely.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Everything is just beautiful! It really is so hard to wait but I will keep busy with my Pam Kitty Garden! thanks for the sneek peeks!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

SO SO SO CUTE! I am so impressed with everything you design. I am so poor right now that I can't buy new fabric but my eyes are saying thank you for the beautiful sight of that fabric! You are so talented! Of course, I always tell you that. The world will be more beautiful with Pam Kitty fabric quilts! Cheery wave!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Elaine K said...

Oh the Fog City is adorable! I love the gray and can't wait till it's available. I've been waffling on what colors to use in a quilt, and everything clicked seeing the gray. It must be such a thrill to see your work on the fabric. Thank you for sharing. :)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Sedef @ Down Grapevine Lane said...

I just got my Pam Kitty Garden bundle and I can't wait for Fog City now! That grey colourway is especially to die for <3

4:49 PM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

These are fabulous, Pam! Love the little strawberries and the big strawberries and all the grey and the mini scallops. Yes, I guess I love ALL of it!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

It looks like fabric heaven to me.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Leanne said...

They are all so pretty.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful, beautiful eye Candy!! Strawberry print on a strawberry block - wouldn't that look great! Just love the fabric Pam!

4:18 AM  
Blogger Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh my goodness, your fabric line is scrumptious! What a tribute to have your own fabric line too. I gave away all my fabric because with my ankle injury, I couldn't sew with my foot anymore. But I may have to look for a sewing machine where you use your knee and buy some of these! Gorgeous
Brenda

9:53 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

I'm having a hard time seeing those beautiful prints -- I drooled all over my screen! Wow! So cute -- you and Holly have outdone yourselves! Are those little scallops going to come in different colors all on the same bolt? Clever, Clever girls!!!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

Your fabric is beautiful! I just bought some of your other garden!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

Wow, such lovely fabrics! I made a quilt back in 2012 and used PKM and white fabric, I could see the same quilt done with using grays instead of white.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Lovely!

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older