Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday!

Happy Friday! I can't believe we've jetted through another whole week in the blink of an eye! How was it? I managed to get a little bit of a lot of things done, so no good progress photos on anything.

hummingbirds in the nest

A couple of people have inquired about the hummingbirds so I thought I'd show you an update on them. The picture above was taking on 6/19. You can barely see their little bodies in there.

3 days later

By the 20th the two birds are much bigger! (and pretty gross looking!) The mother can barely fit on the nest with them, you can see she's just perched practically on the edge of the nest.

Check out the baby beak.

She's away from the nest quite a bit, and I can see those beaks poking out, opening and closing, kind of in a baby silent scream. It's weird, I'm not going to lie. At night the mom pushes them down into the nest and settles down covering the top of the nest.

That's the scoop here. Do you have big weekend plans? It's going to be cool here! I'm so happy about it! Happy weekending peeps! xo

!!!NEWSFLASH!!!

Elizabeth has added some PDF patterns to her website, including the pattern for my fun Farmer's Market Bag!

Farmer's Market bag

10 Comments:

Blogger Melissa P said...

Happy Friday to you! Soon those baby birds will be out looking for food and you'll get to enjoy them in their prettier state. I agree, those open beaks are a bit unnerving.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Farmer's Market bag is lovely. I really think it is so sweet. Those bird pictures are incredible. That took some maneuvering.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Kim Brackett said...

Cute birdies. And OMG, what a gorgeous bag. I don't sew *dimensional* things, but I may have to give this bag a try. Love all the cute accents!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

Cool Bag!!!! And thanks for the update on the babies... I have never seen a hummingbird nest - love the pictures!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

Oh my gosh, those hummingbirds are ADORABLE. It always blows me away how tiny they are, too. I love seeing the updates!

~Angela~

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Wedding dresses said...

YES! I finally found this web page! I’ve been looking just for this article for so long!!

11:30 PM  
Anonymous IT Support West London said...

Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn't really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That's because they were able to connect experiences they've had and synthesize new things.
IT Support West London

8:17 AM  
Anonymous business voip systems said...

I Like your site,iam sharing my friends excellent work.

2:43 AM  
Anonymous small business voip said...

I Like your site,iam sharing my friends excellent work.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Syrenna said...

I have seen this bag on Pinterest and it is so nice. Is there a pattern somewhere?

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older