Friday, November 11, 2011

Excuses Excuses

Oh yeah, you never thought you'd see this on my blog, right? I know I didn't. But when my sink backed up and there was no one around to fix it for me I decided instead of whine and wait around, I'd just take care of it myself. I've booked a lot of hours with Mike Holmes, so why not?



I worked on it in the evening with the tools at hand, but the clog was beyond the reach of anything laying around. Trip to the hardware store later and I had a $15.08 snake for my drain. Of course the sense of accomplishment when the water whooshed down that drain, well that my friends was priceless.



I had a quick trip over to my dentist and saw these GIGANTIC windmills on the ride out Vasco Road. Holy cow they're big. You can see the towers of the old windmills and believe me, these new windmills DWARF the old ones. Kind of spooky almost to see them looming up over the road. (Sorry, was at a standstill for some roadwork for about a half an hour. I have probably 40 pictures of them, so consider yourselves lucky I'm not parading them all out here.)

ANYWAY... needless to say the week got away from me. But I will have something fun done by next Monday. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Big plans? I'm going to want to know all about it come Monday. See you then. xo

9 Comments:

Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

"Of course the sense of accomplishment when the water whooshed down that drain," as the home plumber here, I can attest to the marvelous surge of superempowerment one feels to hear that whoosh. It is a massive relief!

5:34 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

There's nothing like that sense of accomplishment when you do a "man" job LOL. Good for You! And those jumbo windmills are amazing. Have you ever seen a blade riding down the highway on the back of a semi-truck. Whoa! Get outta da way!!!

5:41 AM  
Blogger suz said...

Congratulations! My ex was the least handy man on the planet so I learned how to do things myself very quickly! It really does give one a great sense of accomplishment doesn't it! I love these windmills - there are 3 in Boston, one really close to the highway that we watched being put together-pretty quickly. They are huge, but they do provide clean energy.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Mike Holmes inspired plumbing at PKM--now that's my kind of entertainment.

Happy Friday!

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pam have you tried the soda and vinegar treatment for your drain? I put several heaping tablespoons of soda into the drain and slowly add 1/4 cup vinegar. Some folks then pour in very hot water. I try to do this every month or so and my drains empty well.

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

Ahh, even with your extensive mug collection you've used mine twice this week, must be missing me : ) haha

11:55 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

you.
go.
girl.
!!!!!!

yup, those are some humdingers of wind turbins. i saw some on a VERY long train one day...one blade per car. huge!

xxo

10:28 AM  
Blogger Corkco Canada Inc said...

Quality content is the key to attract readers. And you provide just that. Good work.
Concrete Sealer
Mold Killing Primer

3:02 AM  
Blogger NFPA Construction Group said...

It is really great and nice article. I read this and it is very helpful.

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older