Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Miss Match

Good morning my sweet friends. How are things perking along in your world? I'm just working on the last of the stuff that that needs doing so that I can be out of town for a few days. Usual stuff.


Got my fabrics ready for my Bloggers Block of the Month block. I used some leftovers from my quilt that were just waiting on my cutting table!


Vicki's instructions were quite clear, however you can see I wasn't quite as focused as I could be.


And OMG looking at my block I'm moritfied. You know what they say about haste. I have a MISMATCHED CENTER FOR PETE'S SAKE. Didn't even notice that till I saw the photo. And my edges are all uneven. Not cool. I'll be remaking this later, or maybe trying to disassemble one more time. Not sure it can be saved!

So that's it for this week peeps. Tomorrow I leave for Houston and I won't be back till the first of November. I'll be working with Holly at the Lakehouse booth for most of the time I suspect. Looking forward to the people and the sights!

10 Comments:

Blogger laurie said...

Looks perfect to me! See you soon

5:24 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

As for uneven edges- a rotary cutter will take care of that! Have fun at market.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Auntie Pami said...

Have a good time!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I love how yours turned out. Great job.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Hope to see you at Market.
Pat

8:30 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

If you hadn't told me you made a boo boo on that block I would never have noticed it !!! ("NEVER point out your boo boos" is my motto - besides, you meant to do that, right?)

......have a GREAT time at Quilt Mkt !!!!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Pam ~ I think it's a lovely block ~ needs pressing & after pressing you may need to trim a wee bit. You're probably just tired at this pt preparing for Houston so ur much too critical of your own work! I would love to receive that block! I'm hoping to purchase some of your fabric soon ~ difficult to wait & wait! Have a safe trip! Penny in So CA!!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love how the block turned out! You know that we all do what you did. I often have to un-sew and correct those mistakes too. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow and doing our little interview! ;)

10:10 AM  
Blogger Sharrieboberry said...

Bon Voyage!

Are you driving to Houston? Hope you have a safe and fun journey.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Not only are our tastes in life and things the same, we sew the same. I do the exact same thing when I make blocks. I look at them and have to pick them out to fix them! My edges get like that sometimes too. Glad I'm not the only one. We are so the same.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older