Thursday, March 03, 2011

Hello Thursday

**** WARNING GROSS PICTURE AHEAD****
So Wednesday was pretty much a loss. I wandered the house unable to really focus on anything. Do you have days like that? I tried to get stuff out to sew on but no luck. I mean I found a lot of wonderful pieces of fabric that I'd forgotten about, but just didn't want to risk them to a possibly doomed project.

My China Lilies are up, they really are a bit of sunshine out back. I have really good luck with bulbs here, I just jam in the ground and they naturalize. I take no credit. They just seem to like it here.



This is for everyone even thinking of complaining about snow. GROSS RIGHT? That's the downside to California weather. A whole yard filled with these monsters. I'll be down at the garden center scoring some of the pet safe snail bait.
So that's what's up here! What's up with you?

12 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

I have never ever seen a snail up close and personal! Wow! I guess they don't live in Ohio...we just have slimy slugs that eat our foliage.

8:45 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Yep, in SoCal the snails are out in force too. Thank goodness our dog just ignores them and we can scatter around the pet friendly bait.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Carol said...

How funny...I'm sitting here holding my coffee cup, and start to read your blog, and THERE'S MY CUP! haha! You have very good taste! :) And someone's been to Homegoods! :) Ugh..snails..I'm in So.Cal...we've got 'em too! ewwwww

9:18 AM  
Blogger Chef Mama Lori said...

You know you have kids when your first thought at that picture is, "Does Sponge Bob know that Pam has his pet snail Gary?" LOL!

10:32 AM  
Blogger folksmith said...

OMG! that's all i can say. i remember when we lived in England walking outside and seeing them all over the sidewalks...OMG

12:06 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Geez Pam, this must have been the day for critter control. I had a fuzzy opossum waiting to greet me this morning. I think daughter #3 scared him silly when she left the house. So he was "playing dead" next to my front step. They look too much like large rats - yikes!!!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

That is one creepy looking snail! Bigger than I've ever seen. Yuck! I do think he is rather cute though, compared to the icky slugs we have here in MI.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

Yeah, here is the NW we have the ugly slugs too. But I always kinda liked the snails when I was a kid, in Berkeley. At least you can pick them up with your hands.
Wonder if snails like beer? People say it works on luring slugs to their demise.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when I lived in Portland area I used margarine lids tipped over and lil bit of beer did the trick and no animals were harmed. lol

5:13 PM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

I use a bucket of salt and a plastic spoon :)

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a very cool snail. They're a p.i.t.a. in the garden but cool!

Teri

4:17 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

That brings back memories of walking out my back door barefoot and stepping onto a slug. Barefoot! Between the toes! Ugh, it still grosses me out. Snails are cute from afar but probably because I've never had to deal with them. Good luck!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older