Monday, February 28, 2011

No-Snow Days

Well unlike Brenda, our weekend was filled with sunshine and no snow. We didn't even have foothill snow.. well very little, it mostly looked like leftover snow from a previous storm. I would have been disappointed except Mother Nature gave me a couple of gifts that made up for it.

This ugly little glob on the ugly little bundle of cords and plugs outside my sewing room is a hummingbird's nest.

You can see through the water spots on my window, the hummingbird in residence. I'm not sure the bird is convinced it's a great spot though, he/she would fly off every time I went in there, and you know, I spend a lot of time in there whether I'm sewing or not. Still it made for a fun afternoon.

We also had an amazing sunset Saturday night. Doesn't that shot look like something blew up on the other side of those hills? Crazy.

It was a fun weekend. Sunday we celebrated my mom's birthday and had a great time. What did you guys do?


Blogger Lee Ann said...

That is cool about the hummingbirds nest! I'd love to have one nearby to watch and see them raise young.

5:40 AM  
Blogger madrekarin said...

Oh, you're so lucky to have a hummingbird nest outside your window! I love it when they come to visit my yard. I'm a crazy bird lady! I feed them all and then sit and stare at them. :) My weekend was spent getting things done for shop hop next month. I don't think I'm never gonna finish.

5:50 AM  
Anonymous martha said...

You might enjoy this link to a webcam of a nesting hummingbird. Really fun to watch ....

6:22 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

We had some adorable doves on our deck a few years...until the babies hatched and then we got so tired of the mess! So, I will admit it, the next year we kept throwing out the makings of their nest so they had to move along.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

How wonderful about the birds nest. I love to watch the birds from my windows. I hope my Mama duck comes back this spring. Sunsets are wonderful and beautiful. I made a little quilt like yours and Monique's. Could not link back but did credit you both.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Which hills were those in the picture? East or West? I might have been in the middle of armagedon and didn't even know it! LOL!!! It didn't snow here either, but it did in Salinas. Dang! I have pictures of my dad with my daughter in 1976 when it snowed there.

7:44 AM  
Blogger julieQ said...

I just love that little optimistic nest...wonderful that little creatures can eek out a place just anywhere!! I worked this weekend...sigh...I need more sewing time!!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I love watching the hummingbirds in our area in summer...feeding them too! Would love to see a nest up close. Tiny, right?

11:21 AM  
Blogger lifeinredshoes said...

Did she love her gift?

10:01 PM  
Blogger Jen in NY said...

A hummingbird nest, I love it! Aren't they the cutest little birds? I hope you get to see baby ones! We planted a fairy/butterfly garden in our yard and the hummingbirds just love it! :-)

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older