Monday, February 28, 2011

No-Snow Days

Well unlike Brenda, our weekend was filled with sunshine and no snow. We didn't even have foothill snow.. well very little, it mostly looked like leftover snow from a previous storm. I would have been disappointed except Mother Nature gave me a couple of gifts that made up for it.


This ugly little glob on the ugly little bundle of cords and plugs outside my sewing room is a hummingbird's nest.


You can see through the water spots on my window, the hummingbird in residence. I'm not sure the bird is convinced it's a great spot though, he/she would fly off every time I went in there, and you know, I spend a lot of time in there whether I'm sewing or not. Still it made for a fun afternoon.


We also had an amazing sunset Saturday night. Doesn't that shot look like something blew up on the other side of those hills? Crazy.



It was a fun weekend. Sunday we celebrated my mom's birthday and had a great time. What did you guys do?

9 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann L. said...

That is cool about the hummingbirds nest! I'd love to have one nearby to watch and see them raise young.

5:40 AM  
Anonymous martha said...

You might enjoy this link to a webcam of a nesting hummingbird. Really fun to watch ....

http://phoebeallens.com/

6:22 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

We had some adorable doves on our deck a few years...until the babies hatched and then we got so tired of the mess! So, I will admit it, the next year we kept throwing out the makings of their nest so they had to move along.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

How wonderful about the birds nest. I love to watch the birds from my windows. I hope my Mama duck comes back this spring. Sunsets are wonderful and beautiful. I made a little quilt like yours and Monique's. Could not link back but did credit you both.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Which hills were those in the picture? East or West? I might have been in the middle of armagedon and didn't even know it! LOL!!! It didn't snow here either, but it did in Salinas. Dang! I have pictures of my dad with my daughter in 1976 when it snowed there.

7:44 AM  
Blogger julieQ said...

I just love that little optimistic nest...wonderful that little creatures can eek out a place just anywhere!! I worked this weekend...sigh...I need more sewing time!!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I love watching the hummingbirds in our area in summer...feeding them too! Would love to see a nest up close. Tiny, right?

11:21 AM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

Did she love her gift?

10:01 PM  
Blogger strawberrycream39 said...

A hummingbird nest, I love it! Aren't they the cutest little birds? I hope you get to see baby ones! We planted a fairy/butterfly garden in our yard and the hummingbirds just love it! :-)

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older