Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Butt kicking

Why does the time change in spring always kick my butt? Even when I prepare for it by making sure I get plenty of sleep? The past few days I've been up in the middle of the night then can't fall asleep again. Here's the sunrise yesterday. Pretty right?


I'd been up for several hours by then and was standing out back on a chair in my pj's peering over my neighbors fence to get this. Thankfully they're early risers and were already gone why I did it.


Yup, I'm back at it with the crabapple tree. Sorry, I'm just including two pictures today. I've got HUNDREDS.. without exaggeration, but I love you guys and don't want to press my luck.


I'm sorry to have to tell you there's still two trees that haven't bloomed yet, so you have a lot of this to look forward to. Hopefully I can mix it up with something more interesting, but don't hold your breath.

Today I'm off to Sausalito to spend the day with Holly! You know there will be some delicious food and drink involved. I'm hoping to lay my hands on some of her latest Annie's Farm Stand as well.

As a little FYI... Elizabeth has been busy uploading new stuff onto her website, including some quilts and table runners. Head over here and check out what's there!

So that's all the news people. What's doing with you?

12 Comments:

Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Hey -- maybe it's the time change that's causing my March Hangover. I never make those kinds of connections. Holly's new fabric line looks wonderful -- hope you have a wonderful day!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Suburban Stitcher said...

Oh it's been kicking me in the tail this time too! I don't know why this year more than others...

6:31 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Me too.....I'm totally whipped by this time change and a bit grumpy I might add!! Always love your flora/fauna pics!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

This must be my problem this week, too...the time change. I wake up early then feel like going back to sleep less than an hour later.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I'd love a picture of you peeking over the fence taking a picture of the neighbor's yard!!!! I'm still in Denver trying to adjust to the altitude. One never knows how out of shape they are until they come here!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I have been dragging myself around all week and am so sick of it! They need to leave us to our natural bio rhythms and quit messing about with us.

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same here Pam! Been up since 1:30 this morning - working on pattern directions. HAve a great lunch with Holly!

10:42 AM  
Blogger strawberrycream39 said...

LOL Pam! I love your crabapple pictures...the blooms are so pretty! I'm exhausted too...it's like jet lag!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Tammy Gilley said...

It does me, too! I don't get it! I mean, it's only an hour, for crying in the night (which, naturally, is what I want to do when I can't get back to sleep!) xo

2:20 PM  
Blogger Crafts a la Mode said...

I had the same problem of waking this A.M. I think it has to do with everything being more alert and alive in the Spring, longer days, brighter sun, etc.
Best wishes, Linda

2:51 PM  
Blogger Kim Brackett said...

I have the same problem trying to sleep lately. Next time you're up, just give me a call if you need some company. :-)

The crabapple blooms are just gorgeous!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Love your blooming trees. I could go for one of those in my yard about now.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older