Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Misadventures of Me

So I totally forgot to tell you my little adventure the other day. It was all in the name of keeping my peeps up-to-date. Well first, let me say we have some new locks on the door. This new lock has a "feature" that leaves the door knob locked even after you unlock it with the key. I've been very good about checking the knob before I leave the house.

Anyhoo.. early one morning the PG&E trucks came into the neighborhood and sent workers to all the houses to inform us of a 2 hour power outage we'd soon be having. You know, having before I had showered. And more importantly before I'd used my hair dryer!! 15 minute warning. Anyway, I got my hair done in time, thank goodness!

the culprit, a leaky transformer!

So I felt I should document the scene. Packed my phone in one pocket and the camera in the other and went out to check it out. I checked the door and it was locked. As I unlocked and pulled it behind me, my little inner dialogue said "gee, it would not be cool to get locked out." Then I went about my merry way taking photos.


I walked around, watered my pots, pulled a couple of weeds, FOUND OUT I WAS LOCKED OUT! First time ever! EVER !!




Yeah. I know. Thank goodness I had my phone on me. Bret was already almost to work so no making him turn back to let me in. I just couldn't believe I'd locked the sliders at that time of the morning, since usually they're all open for the fresh air. Anyway, I called my mom and like a mom, she came to my rescue! While I waited I sat on my swing and read some good blogs on my phone. And laughed at myself.

16 Comments:

Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

I'm always afraid that I'm gonna lock myself out!!! Like you I check that door everytime I walk out of it. LOL!! My boys aren't here anymore to throw thru a window.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Just imagine if that were to happen today. You'd have turned into Pam Jerky before your mom could get to your house.
Grrr. It's TOO HOT.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

I would be in serious trouble with a doorknob like htat. As in locked out several times a day. Oy.

So, I am using the circle cutter. Does it bunch up your fabric in front of it? It is driving me InSaNe!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

Love the aqua and orange of that one shot... you know Karen will want that in her front yard.

I've been locked out. With wet hair. But thankfully... I was dressed. Got me a lock box, and have used it half a dozen times. Got one for the new house too. But it's inside on my shelf-o-crap by the front door. Reading this... I'm marching outside to hang it up RIGHT NOW.

The Misadventures of Me... I love that title!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

Ha... Pam Jerky! Oh E, you're so funny. It's 53 here right now. Just saying, saying, saying, saying...

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only been locked out once: the day I bought and moved in to my first home. As the sun started to go down, I realized that the sellers had taken every single light bulb in the house with them. Then as I left to go to the store to buy new ones, I locked myself out. I called a locksmith and he couldn't get in either. He ended up breaking off the doorknob and installing a new one the next day.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bet you wished you had some of those 100 calorie snacks with you!

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That happens so quickly. I have a garage door opener in my purse...that is how we get in and out of the house. We have 3 locks on our front door and one key (for the deadbolt). However, if our doornob lock is locked, you can't open the door even if you unlock the deadbolt...the thumb nob won't engage. Hence, in and out the garage. It is just easier.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

What a great mom to rescue you. Seems like these days I am always doing something I need to be rescued from :-)!!!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Paganelli said...

What's a reporter of local news watch to do???? Thanks for mom ..she rules!!!! xoxox Jennifer

4:43 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

The good part is you had your phone. And you were dressed and ready for the day. A little forced porch time sounds good to me today. You are funny.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oopsie! I'd never locked myself out of anywhere until I had an infant. I proceeded to lock us out of the house once and then to lock her in the car (along with my purse and phone).

8:00 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh - oh!! Moments like this sure can turn a good day into a nightmare! Glad you had helping hands on that one!

xo
Becky

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh, you poor thing. At least you had your phone on you. I have done this TOO MANY times, but i always feel silly.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

The worst time I got locked out was when I was going to my OBGYN six weeks after Sara's birth, to have my high blood pressure checked. It was about 100 degrees, and as I was getting her stroller out of the trunk and shut the lid, all the car doors locked. We called a locksmith the fire department and called off the blood pressure check.

9:30 AM  
Blogger tina said...

that is pretty funny----

I locked myself out at work one day about a week after we moved the studio and all was still new. We're on the second floor with no stairs down. Went out to have a little lunch on the patio and didn't know the door auto locked. So there we were, locked out and no phones, no way to get down. Believe it or not McGyver came to the rescue unlocking the door from the outside with a piece of a cardboard box. So much for security. It was not funny then but rather hysterical now.

So glad your Mom came to your rescue------ aren't they grand?

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older