Monday, December 03, 2007

Not even trying.

Here it is. And just in case you thought that blue tape was some kind of special effect from photo shop.. it's not. It's just blue painter's tape.

It does look a bit like I've given up all pretenses doesn't it? It feels like it. But here it is, in it's corduroy glory. Which corduroy, I don't recommend you. Those borders fit perfectly, no pulling and easing.. but they look like they're the first borders I ever put on. Still its cute enough and it will only be used under a little pink tree, so I'm not worrying it. Too much.

I'd enjoy making this again, the cupcakes and butterflies are completely adorable. I'd use more colors and more embellishments. More stuff. If you'd like to give it a try, Sandy is having a drawing for a free pattern, so head on over there and check it out. And if sewing isn't your game, check out Amy's little cupcake quilt drawing!
So my friends I'm off to work this morning so see you later alligators!

18 Comments:

Blogger Kira said...

HI! Thought I'd come out of lurking and just say hello and that your quilts are so amazing! I'm a very beginning quilter and love your stuff ... it make me want to do more! :) Thanks! :)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a cute little quilt. Don't you just hate it when borders do that? I could just scream!! But it's still adorable so who gives a rip!! It will be so cute under a pink tree.

9:33 AM  
Blogger atet said...

I think it's cute -- and what problem with the borders? I don't see it! (ok, so I see it, but really, it's adorable). And may I just say those Hello Kitty ornaments are adorable?

10:32 AM  
Blogger Rhondi said...

It must be difficult working with corduroy on a quilt. Those boders are what one of our recent speakers at our guild called "friendly borders". They wave! It is still cute.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job on the cupcakes and love the pink tree!

11:26 AM  
Blogger alobsiger said...

So cute! So cute! Thank you for the continuing inspiration!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Dena Rooney-Berg (SugarShop) said...

Awww that's cute Pam!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the cupcake quilt! The painter's tape adds a special touch. I love the tree and the ornaments too.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Vickie E said...

sweet treat quilt...and I KNEW I shouldn't have thrown that extra painters tape away...it's like duct tape isn't it?? LOL

6:02 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

Thanks for the warning on the cord stuff, I've seen it offered up a lot lately. It's still totally adorable!

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! It's so sweet and fun -- makes me want to cuddle under it.

Mary
Confessions of a Craft Addict

6:45 PM  
Blogger Donna O'Brien said...

Okay- that is REALLY clever- I have no idea how you do it!!! It should be hanging in the window of a bakery!!! Darling!
D.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, love the cupcakes quilt and how adorable are those ornaments! I thought I was good at finding cute ornaments! Where can I get those?

love ya, talk to you soon!

7:55 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

What a sweet little cupcake quilt for a sweet little pink tree!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

That quilt will be so cute under that little pink tree! I love it. Yummy cupcakes, they look wonderful. Those ornies, like Tammy said, I thought I had the cute/weird ornies! LOL

11:24 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

The Hello Kitties will love looking at the cupcakes under their tree. The colors are perfect--the quilt is adorable and that's all that matters!

10:15 AM  
Blogger calamitykim said...

I love the cupcake quilt! Thats just adorable- I'm going to check out the link.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

an adorable cupcake quilt and picture of pink tree with Hello Kitty ornaments in one post! It is too much. I love it all.

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older