Friday, February 22, 2019

Dilly of a Day

Look at me posting at any random time.  Seems weird, I always thought if I didn't get that post out there first thing in the morning, my day would be ruined. But now, well, any old time is fine.  I do miss the old blog days, road trips, projects, shopping, all the ridiculous lunch pictures!  Yak yak yak.  I guess really we're doing the micro version of that on IG but somehow following the thread of people's lives  is harder. 
 
ANYWAY! Last week I had sew day with the Debbies!  I had a great time, always so lucky to be included.  Debbie hosted and Deb came up from San Louis Obsipo and we had a lovely time.  Debbie always makes a good lunch and we bring snacks and make a day of it.  I brought my dilly flowers to hand stitch.  I had one ready to sew together and 2 other sets of fabrics prepped.  I stitched together the pink one that I had ready left over from another sew day and then with their encouragement I managed to get two more complete!  SO SHOCKING.

dilly3
 
I mean I get it, slow progress and a poor showing for real EPP people but for me it's huge, I generally don't have the attention span to keep at it.  I can't believe I have 6.  I really enjoyed it and felt like oh, maybe I could make something with them! #someday

dilly1

In the mean time I'll hang them on my chunk of old fence that after years  I finally hung up.  It looked so moody on the last dark and stormy day I snapped a photo.  I don't know how many years I moved that fence around the house waiting to hang it up.

fence1
 
Everyone had one way back when I finally found my piece, but somehow I just couldn't find the perfect spot. Now when I walk down the hall I can see it out the corner of my eye and it always makes me happy. 
 
Hope all is well with you friends!

11 Comments:

Blogger Catsngrams said...

I love the dilly flowers. So talented you are. I do not think I could have the patience to sew one. they look so pretty on your fence.

Carla

2:31 PM  
Blogger Bits of Stitching! said...

Friends, food, and stitching... what a fun day! The EPP flowers are gorgeous, and the way you are displaying them too!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

What a lovely idea with the piece of old fence. A real conversation piece - especially with your lovely, lovely flower blocks hanging on it. They are so super cute with the bright happy colours. Believe it or not - I used to make wreaths from the barbwire we found on our land and hang it from fence posts and plant flowers in front. Really looked cute - wish I would have taken more pics back then.

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Martha said...

Your posts always make me smile and inspire. Love your little posies and they look adorable on the fence. You are a kindred spirit! <3

7:10 AM  
Blogger Annelies said...

SEW adorable....and be proud that you blog. I keep threatening to get back....but have to learn how to use the new computer ( which is not so new now) 🤪🤪🤪

9:08 AM  
Blogger الرحمه للتنظيف said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:53 AM  
Blogger الرحمه للتنظيف said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:58 AM  
Blogger Connie Anzelone said...

Love your blog! So bright & cheerful!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Froilan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:22 PM  
Blogger PatSloan said...

I love your fence to hang the blocks!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Hartslove said...

What a cheery assembly you've created! That fabric heart at the bottom caught my eye in addition to the dilly flowers. -Alexine-

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older