Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Movie Popcorn

Good morning!  How's your week going so far?  We're at the midpoint, it's down hill from here!

I had a lot of fun making this movie popcorn pillow for Bret's birthday this past Monday.  I  had finished the whole pillow top  over the weekend but, naturally, I  left the finishing up part to the last minute.  Honestly I'm the worst.  I just want to start projects then hand them off for finishing by a devoted assistant.   But I don't have a devoted assistant, so I put it off to the last minute and was practically stuffing the pillow form in to the pillow as Bret pulled in from work Monday night!

popcorn1
 
Finally a pillow that won't go into the pillow vault! Its on the sofa right now!  Bret is a huge fan of movie popcorn and we often drive down to the Vine for a bag. 

IGpopcorn
 
When I saw Gracey's block  pattern I knew it would be the perfect thing to make for Bret.  I pulled out some PKM favorites and it took no time to whip up.  I added borders making this 20 inches square and did some simple quilting in the ditch and there you go, done.  Well, almost.  This pillow has a simple envelope back, no fancy buttons to make it uncomfortable and regular binding to finish it off.  Easy.
 
You can find Gracey on Instagram here.  She's got lots of fun patterns.
 
Ok friends that's it for me! Hope you're having a good week! xo

3 Comments:

Blogger Annelies said...

SEW adorable......as usual!!!! I have to admit, I have way more starts than finishes too!!!!! XXX

6:47 AM  
Blogger Jen Kershner said...

What a completely clever pillow!! A treasure for sure.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing with everyone. I know everything about you. It's great and it's great.
ธรรมชาติและสัตว์ป่า

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older