Friday, July 20, 2018

Use it or....

Hi there friends!  How are you?  Summer is progressing along here.  My air conditioning is back and better than ever. Nothing is put away though, they still need to replace all the ducting under the house next week.  Cool air is flowing  till then, so I'm happy about it. 
 
You might remember WAY BACK  when the Queen celebrated her Jubilee. It's been years, right? Anyway Frankie and I acquired some of the cute celebratory tins courtesy of her friend Martin.  My tins have been in protective custody since then.  I don't know about you, but I have a habit of putting things in cold storage saving them for later. Well I'm no spring chicken and it's later now.  Time to start using things, right? 


tins2

I had a bunch of stuff on my sewing table getting in the way so I pulled out my Jubilee tin (there's still one in cold storage, I'm not perfect) and  my biscuit tin that I did nothing with and used them to store my little collections of beads and beading supplies.
tins3

Imagine Frankie's surprise when she's cleaning out my stuff when I head to the great sewing room in the sky and she finds this stuff.  She wisely began using her tins immediately.  Most of the time she's able to fight the saving-for-later-gene and use her things.  Most of the time..

tins1
 
They're cute and I'm glad I have a blog post to refer back to when I need to find where my stuff is.  In the mean time that's just a fraction of the stuff on my sewing table.  No flat surface is safe with me around.
 
Hope you're using all your stuff and having fun.  Don't be like me!!! xop

4 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Serious tin envy going on here.

9:37 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

My kids especially the girls have started nagging me about my ‘stuff’ I guess they aren’t going to fight over it when I am gone! My darling son though is a bit of hoarder and doesn’t deny his genes! Gosh I wish I had one of those cool tins!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful tins! I'm really bad for saving things till later too. I will even buy new kitchen gadgets, for back up, in case the old items break, but use the old kitchen items till way past their usefulness :)! I'm glad you have finally pulled your lovely tins from 'cold storage' and are enjoying them!

3:43 AM  
Blogger Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I like to save stuff for later too, mostly because I haven't finished using the stuff I already have out and don't want to increase the mess and the UFOs. Somehow though, I buy new things and the storage things are out of sight and out of mind. Those are beautiful tins, and I am glad you found a use for them.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older