Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Hello!

Hi there friends! What are you up to?  Summer is heating up and I'm trying not to complain too much.  It's going to be a challenge though. Just a warning!
 
 I've been trying to get to some sewing lately.  I'm working on a little blanket stitching for a project I hope to share soon.  I had a bit of a false start with it, and ended up wadding it all up and throwing it in the trash, but yesterday I started up again and it seems to be working out a lot better.  Crossing my fingers I didn't just jinx myself.  The sewing gods have not been kind to me lately. 

blanketstitching

Did you see Nadra's cute strawberry coaster tutorial over on Amy's blog?  So cute I had to make one asap.  I forgot to add the little ribbon top in my excitement, but I'll make more of these they're adorable and perfect to catch all the condensation on my cold summer beverages!

STRAWBERRY1

I had a sew day with my friends "The Debbies" and it was awesome.  Debbie finished her basket quilt and it's wonderful! It was great to see Deb and Debbie after such a long period of time. 

DEBBIESBASKET

You may have seen that I had a pretty pile of PamKitty fabrics on my cutting table recently.  Or maybe not that recently. I've finally cut them into a kit for  Nadra's charming Butterfly Dance quilt.


 

kit1
 
My mom was so happy that her little patio was a spot that butterflies visited on their migration path and often talked about them.  This quilt reminded me of how the would flit around her tulip tree so it seemed the perfect quilt to work on right now.  I'm channeling Elizabeth in cutting myself a little kit. Now I'm ready to sit down and get busy!
 
I hope you are well ! I'd love to hear from you!  xop

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Go ahead and complain and 6 months from now I’ll be complaining about the cold. Summers here are really nice. Just a few days here and there of really hot.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Love your cute strawberry coaster. It also reminds me of how I've always wanted to make a strawberry quilt loooong ago :)! We have been busy with outside work - building some raised flower beds and adding plants and bushes to them; which all started when someone asked if we would like some of their plants that they are splitting.....!! In between I have been busy making little quilt tops, which are getting a little out of hand, but I just needed to get 'a few' patterns out of my system :)! Enjoy your morning coffee Pam - and keep cool. So thankful for A/C on those hot days.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Annelies said...

Will be so excited to see your butterfly quilt. 😘

4:38 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

It was good to have coffee with you this Pam Kitty Morning. Hot days are perfect sewing days, and cold days and, well, everyday is a good sewing day. Love the strawberry coasters and that yummy pile of fabric goodness. Have a wonderful day my friend.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older